Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

driving a car with no oil

swoosh

Corvette
1996 COUPE
I drained my other car of oil for a 3000 mile change, thinking next morning i will change my filter and fill her up. Someone decides to drive the car with out checking. Well now the car is on the side of the road dead.I don't know how far the car went but it had to be a good distance. I went to fill the car with oil and drove home with it. I didn't hear any bad sounds. It sounded ok. How should I have the car checked out??:eek Its a toyota, so I do hope the engine has the integrity and resiliency.

so, have you found out who drove the car and how far they drove it?

if it was me, I would change the oil out after driving it, check compression, etc. in all cylinders and hope for the best

Driving a car with no oil is like trying to run a 100 yard dash with no blood in you. Your muscles will cramp up and seize in a hurry. If the motor has seized, then it's junk.

A day at the beach would be nice...
BEACH25JUN2007004.jpg

I would say the car was driven 5-10 miles. The car doesn't make any noise at all, it seems fine. I'm just worried 6-12 months down the line. Not that there is anything i can do to repair it now. Damage is done even if its a little.

The bearings would be the main concern. If your lucky the crank will be ok but I would bet the bearings have been damaged.

Glenn
:w

The bearings would be the main concern. If your lucky the crank will be ok but I would bet the bearings have been damaged.

Glenn
I can't believe it's not ka-knocking!!!My wife broke a Oil line to the oil cooler on her jimmy,and drove it less than a mile because her cell was in a Dead spot!!!Even with Mobil 1 and her driving it very easy it seized!! I went and got it with Olga and brought it back to the shop!! After it cooled it would turn over by hand so I replaced the oil lines and replaced oil and the filter!!Pulled the dist and spun the oil pump with a drill till it had Oil Pressure!!!Re-installed the dist and and it fired right up and sounded Great!!! I drove it about 10 miles and put her back in it, in about 30 miles I was Hauling it again!!!:chuckle:chuckle:chuckle Tore it down it had Galled every Rod and Main in it,:puke:puke:puke$3000 and my time later she was on the Road!!:boogie:boogie:boogie:upthumbs

Glenn

I agree, I would look them over before you drive too much.;)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom