Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Driving Light Bulb Replacement

D

dinosaurdoctor

HI GUYS,I REMEMBER A LONG TIME AGO...SOMEONE HAD A SUBSTITUTE BULB FOR THE STOCK DRIVING LIGHTS THAT WAS MORE POWERFUL.IT REQUIRED A HIGHER RATED FUSE DUE TO ADDED POWER CONSUMPTION.DOES ANYONE KNOW THE INDUSTRY NUMBER FOR THESE BULBS? I.E. 1057 ETC.THANK YOU...WAYNE P.S. THIS IS REGARDING THE FOG/DRIVING LIGHTS NOT THE HEADLIGHTS.FOR A C-4

Go with the hallogen H4 conversion- if you are really industrious.... you'll put another set in place of the high beams. Virtual daylight.

NOT ENOUGH JUICE?!?! Recipe for more thump in your charging system:
1.) Buy a 1991 Corvette alternator- they are rated at 105 amps and they fit dimensionally in 68-82 Vette, to include bolt locations.
2.) Swap your old V-belt pulley for the serpentine one so yopu retain your bely system.
3.) Obtain "repair connector" from parts store to integrate alternator.
4.) Run 4 gauge wire from the alternator to the starter.

ENJOY!!!

85 Z-51 alternator... 120 amp. Replace current bulbs with 55 watt. I did with my 85....no bigger fuse or anything...lights work perfectly....battery float voltage constant 13.8...

Offhand Cant remember bulb #.......but it says 55w on it and looks just like the lowere wattage bulb.

Our site explains the math involved (Upgrades/DrivingLights).....but I think the old one was 35w so a 40 watt (20X2) increase is only an additional draw of 3.34 amps...so most likely the current fuse is fine.
:w

thank you

THANK.....YOU.......BEST REGARDS....WAYNE

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom