Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Driving That C5 In The Snow?

I didn't have options I had to travel up from Florida to Maine a couple years ago and got involved with the "big storm " Massachusetts and Connecticut got 24-36 inches .I 95 was closed in both states so I hung up as long as I could in Virginia until they both re-opened .Mass spent their time clearing the roads and did a respectable job ,Ct did nothing ,absolutely nothing .Hit the state line and one ice packed lane was open .there were ice pot holes ,no sand or salt .I was the lead vehicle of twenty or so and I was leaving them all behind .F55 suspension and Michelin all season tires did me well .

When I made it home in a nick of time the car was white from salt and covered with dirt .But ya know a power wash ,bucket of soapy water ,coat of Ice and she was ready to show .

I don't make it a habit but properly equipped they go very well in snow and ice and they clean up just as well as a Ford :thumb

I drove my 1965 Corvette in the snow and with the skinny tires of the older cars it really wasn't too bad. It was also my only car so I didn't have much choice.

Maybe those Hogs can eat the gmjunkie then maybe just maybe when they poop he will return with more brain then he had prior to those Hogs eating him:thumb:thumb
Just WTF is that supposed to mean?

Yes, it appears so, Mikey. I had missed those from earlier.

Damn,Sure do miss Remo.:hb:hb:hb

Snow driving

Yep,I drive mine!!:L:L:L Get some Real Tires,(No Run-Craps!!)and they'll go anywhere you need to go!!:thumb Third season on my Kumho ASX's!!! :D:D:D

Sorry if I offended you gmjunkie, your name was on this tread and I used it without thinking:ugh

Sorry if I offended you gmjunkie, your name was on this tread and I used it without thinking:ugh
You didn't offend me,I've got purdy thick skin! I just ask a question! :thumb

Apology Accepted!:thumb:thumb

But I will offer a little tid-bit of information.............

The reason I've purdy much stopped giving any kind of tech support on any car related web site unless a mod e-mails me and asks me to help.

It's got so it seems to me that the Internet has created a lot more Horses A$$'s than Horses! :D

Snow?
We don't need no stinking snow here in beautiful Goleta CA.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom