Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

dual mode exhaust switch

Status
Not open for further replies.
since I haven't purchased or made a switch yet, and I am not affiliated with any vendor or supplier - here's my take on this. I have been reading a lot on the M2W switch. it does work with the old homelink system but not the lear in the '08 although rumor has it is being worked on. also, a new unit is being advertized as a no-drain switch that mates to the interior light switch on the dash eliminating the need for the remote fobs, etc. bottom line is that the science here is not such that any one switch will perform better than another on paper and the real "better" label comes only from a user who truly likes the switch they purchased, built or stole - we would look silly if we said a switch was better but we purchased another - yes?

since I haven't purchased or made a switch yet, and I am not affiliated with any vendor or supplier - here's my take on this. I have been reading a lot on the M2W switch. it does work with the old homelink system but not the lear in the '08 although rumor has it is being worked on. also, a new unit is being advertized as a no-drain switch that mates to the interior light switch on the dash eliminating the need for the remote fobs, etc. bottom line is that the science here is not such that any one switch will perform better than another on paper and the real "better" label comes only from a user who truly likes the switch they purchased, built or stole - we would look silly if we said a switch was better but we purchased another - yes?

True. The M2W the Sunset and the DIY will work on the Homelink visors but not the Lear visor. All of the above switches can be connected in a "no-drain" configuration. And yes, there is a new unit that utilizes a light sensor instead of fob so that you can use the map light to turn the switch on and off. I personally wouldn't want this as I don't want to mess with lights and I already have a working visor switch with my one button Exhaust Commander.

Also, there is a new switch that Sunset has in the works that will work with the '08 Lear Visor switches. His email indicated that was going to be out by the end of this month I believe.

I don't think there is any debate about the functionality of these switches. They all do the same basic function - they open and close a circuit. On or off. I've seen a lot of marketing hype and the bottom line is it's still a simple on and off switch. :beer

True. The M2W the Sunset and the DIY will work on the Homelink visors but not the Lear visor. All of the above switches can be connected in a "no-drain" configuration. And yes, there is a new unit that utilizes a light sensor instead of fob so that you can use the map light to turn the switch on and off. I personally wouldn't want this as I don't want to mess with lights and I already have a working visor switch with my one button Exhaust Commander.

Also, there is a new switch that Sunset has in the works that will work with the '08 Lear Visor switches. His email indicated that was going to be out by the end of this month I believe.

I don't think there is any debate about the functionality of these switches. They all do the same basic function - they open and close a circuit. On or off. I've seen a lot of marketing hype and the bottom line is it's still a simple on and off switch. :beer

thanks king of all exhaust switches but seller of none :chuckle So I understand,you just hate that someone sells a product that you can build for less. Who you going after next the bottle water business.

:D you are so correct sir

thanks king of all exhaust switches but seller of none :chuckle So I understand,you just hate that someone sells a product that you can build for less. Who you going after next the bottle water business.

Ah well, I guess that's the best you can do? If you can't debate with substance you resort to insult and innuendo. I never said I "hated" anyone. I just hate to pay twice too much for simple technology due to Vette Tax and marketing hype/advertising expense.

I believe it's a waste of time to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man. Kind of like arguing with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom