Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Dyno Results!

milehigreg

Corvette
1989 Dark Red Coupe
The guys at Corvette Connection here in Denver offered a free dyno day on Saturday so I took them up on it. My bone stock 89 L98 with automatic put down 212 HP and 296 Ft-Lbs at the wheels. :upthumbs Test Conditions - 5000 feet elevation, 77 degrees F, 25 in-Hg barometric pressure, 13% relative humidity. 20 years old. 89,000 miles. Runs like new. I love my car! God bless Dave McClellan and his team at Chevrolet! ;worship

Greg, that's cool. Did they offer to tune it as well or was that an extra cost option?

We don't need no stinking tuning!

The point was that the car is running perfectly. The L98 was rated at 240 HP and 340 Ft-Lbs of torque at the flywheel. Accounting for drive losses, my results indicate that it is still putting out pretty much rated numbers after 20 years and 89,000 miles. :D Corvette Connection is where I bought my wheels and tires. They are a good outfit. They are listed in Corvette Enthusaist as a reliable shop. Their shop rates are reasonable. But, I try to do most stuff myself. They seem to do a lot a procharger installs. The car after mine was a 07 with a procharger. 490 HP at the wheels. It needed some additional tuning.

Your lift install and write-up looked AWESOME! :upthumbs

I understood that Greg, I just thought that you might "tweak it" for a little more.:D

Nice numbers - there is hope for us L98 folks out here!

Regards,
Radar :beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom