Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Dyno #'s, 1/4 times, etc. for NEW C5's please

I know a transam pales in comparison to a NEW C5 corvette but there is a certain pathetic loser that continues to argue two bs points with me:
#1 ws6 dynos higher at the wheels and actually has more crank horsepoewr than a C5 vette (despite the fact that C5 is rated at 350 hp 360 ft lb and WS6 is rated at 310 hp and 340 ft lb).

#2 WS6 will consistently beat new c5 corvettes in drag races because it really has more horsepower than a C5 (he claims after dynos equivalent of 360 hp and 370 torque). I know that once in a blue moon a T/A may be a "fast one" or something and has a slight edge because it has a solid axel and not independent suspension (for drag racing only and not handling) and perhaps might get a slight edge over a vette but majority of the time a C5 can atleast match a WS6 in even a drag if not win.

I would love nothing more than to publicly humiliate this schmuck - does any one have dyno sheets and or time slips for either of these cars stock? What would be the greatest would be a video of a C5 vs a Transam dragging and the C5 winning. He has some BS video of a ta beating a c5 vette by about 8 car lengths (it obviously has an incompetent driver) and calls that "proof" of his claims.

I'm not biased toward either of these cars (have a boxster) but I just can't stand a jerkoff that thinks he's cool because he has a $26k transam. Plus a corvette is loads better as a sports car. THanks.

Well....I'm not sure he'll buy the story that the vette in this video is stock, but it's neat:) And it's versus a Viper, not a T/A

Almost stock Vette vs Viper

And this is my dyno run stock:

fe258ad0.jpg.orig.jpg

I need that

Great I need a lot of friendly, talented and helpful people
in my life. Been on the forum some time but new here.

Ron Kennedy

That guy just wants to make himself feel better because he has a T/A and not a Vette. He probably wishes he had one.

Unfortunately

He is correct. The driveline loss in a TA is less than the driveline loss in the vette. I have a 99 corvette coupe, and it dyno'd a bit less than 300rwhp stock. I have seen bone stock T/A's of the same year dyno about 310. I have also seen Bone stock new (2002)T/A's Running High 12's bone stock, which is about the same as the vette or a little faster. The T/A makes more power to the wheels, but is about 250 lbs heavier, so it just about equals out, but with the T/A coming in just a bit faster. I dont like it, but who keeps a car stock anyway. My times are in the sig

Daren

The WS6 has less driveline loss, mainly due to the fact that the C5 is independent rear and has a rear mounted tranny. The WS6 does NOT have more Crank horsepower though, so he is full of crap on that one. The truth is though that there is no difference between most LS1 TA's and LS1 C5's in the engine itself. The reason that GM says that the C5 is 350HP and the WS6 is only 310HP is all propoganda to make Vette owners think they got more for their money than a TA. But the beautiful thing about the new 2002 C5's is that the LS1 actually has the LS6 intake plenum on it now, and the filter box was modified for more power. So the new 2002 C5 actually got a step up from the TA's this year. But next year the TA's will probably get the same treatment, much the way they did in 98. But luckily that will be the last year for the POOR MAN's Corvette, AKA F-body.

sort of

The Ta and the camaro got the ls6 intake from 2001 up....just like the vette. Thats why the 2001&2002 f-bodies are faster than before

Daren

BlkZO6 said:
Well....I'm not sure he'll buy the story that the vette in this video is stock, but it's neat:) And it's versus a Viper, not a T/A

BlkZ06,

Cool video! Was that a 14.40 that the C5 ran? It looked a whole lot faster than that. Also, Did that Viper miss a gear or something :L ??

Jay

2002Vette6spd said:
But next year the TA's will probably get the same treatment, much the way they did in 98.

Sadly enough, there is no 'next year' for the trans-am and camaro. This year is the last production year for what could be a while...

:(

-J.

i think that video was the lingenfelter twin turbo 427. its not that the viper was slow i think the vette ran a 9.76 or something. i finally know what i want for christmas.

Hey 993,

Tell your buddy I smoked a WS6 in my 93 C4 about 2-3 months ago. If you feel like it, you can leave out that it was an LT1 powered T/A. I considered it pretty fair since we both had LT1's. He got the jump, but that's all get got... well, he got a can of whoop a$$ too. :L

WS6 Vs Vette

Let's just invite him to the track & settle it! Either way it will be fun- SCOTT

JT ZR-Won said:

BlkZ06,

Cool video! Was that a 14.40 that the C5 ran? It looked a whole lot faster than that. Also, Did that Viper miss a gear or something :L ??

Jay

BJS1977 has it right. LPE 427 TT in that video ran a 9.7x ET. Another run, which I haven't seen on video, was 9.52.:eek The upgrade price, I understand, is about $49,000.00. Hmmm...about the price of a second ZO6!!!!:D

Trans Am verses C5

My son has a 2000 trans am . He brought it to our Corvette dyno day and toasted my 1999 c5 & 3 others. I have a BLACK WING, and exhaust mods. He has the same plus aMAF. At the rear wheel---- C5 286HP TA 307HP

So your sons dyno numbers where higher , the Corvette is lighter, so who is quicker in the 1/4 mile & 0-60mph ? I have heard of people running 13.2 with an A4 stock Corvette . I will take mine to the track soon , I also have a g-tech . As soon as I break in the engine I will post my times .
Thanks ,
Joe

C-5 Faster!!

Thanks Joe, I feel better. I quess we are going to have to LINE'm UP!!!

Looks better

YOU ARE SO RIGHT,DREAMING. There is no comparison. The C-5 is the most beautiful car on the road. Some times I just look at it like a great looking woman. And say Damnnnnn!

Most beautiful car on the road? It's the BEST bang for the buck performance wise, let's not get carried away here it's a $40k mass produced GM product (a fast one though).

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom