Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Edelbrock Performer 1406 Carb spewing fuel

dap220

Corvette
1981 Burgundy Metallic Coupe - 4 Speed
Hi All,
Does anyone have any ideas for an Edelbrock performer card that bas fuel pouring out of the opening on the passenger side right next to the metering rod cap? It was running fine and then just started spitting fuel out of this opening. I just replace the metering rods and step up springs thinking that might help but fuel is still bubbles out.
Thanks,
Dale :w

It sounds like your float level is way too high or your fuel pump is putting out too much pressure for the floats to stop the incoming fuel.

It sounds like your float level is way too high or your fuel pump is putting out too much pressure for the floats to stop the incoming fuel.

Does the engine need to be running normally to be able to check the pressure? With the way it's going it really doesn't run smooth at all.
I appreciate the help. I'll try the float first and hope that fixes it.

Does the engine need to be running normally to be able to check the pressure? With the way it's going it really doesn't run smooth at all.
I appreciate the help. I'll try the float first and hope that fixes it.

I assume instructions came with your Edelbrock carburetor and the instructions should include the float level specifications. Have you been fiddling with it recently before the problem started?

I assume instructions came with your Edelbrock carburetor and the instructions should include the float level specifications. Have you been fiddling with it recently before the problem started?

No, this all started after I had the carb installed so I have been trouble shooting it via the edelbrock web site. Tomorrow I am going to check the float level (7/16"), fuel pressure (< 7) and needle/seat for proper functionality. I'll let you all know how it turns out.
Thank you all for chiming in.
Dale :thumb

Thanks to everyone for your help.
I checked the pressure, it was good. I changed out the metering rods & step up springs, not that. I was intimidated to get into the floats, needle & seat because I'd never gone there before. So over the weekend I dove in. Found the right float full of fuel! New floats should be here tomorrow and I can't wait to get them in and fire it up.
This forum is full of great members that never hesitate to offer up their wisdom.
Have a great day everyone...Dale :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom