Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

EGR help

TerryD

Corvette
1996 Collectors Edition
I've replaced my EGR under advice from Action Ctr members due to a stumbling idle. No real change and the car drives fine except for the idle, where it feels like it's gonna stall from the stumbling...Now I'm getting a P0400 code from my auto x-ray, egr flow code. Could my egr solenoid be bad? Vacuum hoses look good and are unobstructed.
Terry

TerryD,
My idle gets rough when the engine is warm and I also feel this rough kind of cruising at low rpm's with a warm engine (warm = after 20 miles or so of running on the roads). Idle is very smooth when the engine is cold. I guess it is the EGR getting dirty with the carbon deposits from the exhaust gases. I am guessing the plunger & seat of the EGR needs cleaning. I will take it to my mechanic soon, hope he can fix it.

Egr

A few weeks ago my check engine light came on and I checked it with my code scanner, it showed an EGR problem. So I took out the EGR, cleaned it all up, scrubbed'er good, and it did no good. So I got a new EGR, light still came on, and i got the same code. So I don't know what is wrong. Fortunately I have no idle problems. Actually nothing seems out of sorts, just that the CE light comes on. ???????

good luck to you

Dano,

After you did all that work, did you disconnect the battery for a couple of minutes to clear any of the history codes? Unless you do that, the EGR code will keep coming up, and the CE light will stay illuminated.

Taegdh

fchsfghjxfgj

Unfortunately I did try that. Once in a while it will go off, and give me another code. I think it was a o2 sensor code. Butt I'm not surprised anymore with these problems. My car is a tick'n timebomb. I love this forum, every problem that is posted, I have had it at one point or another. Makes for fun reading, beacuse I can always relate.
:D

EGR & IAC Valve Clean Up

Folks, I had my EGR and IAC valves cleaned by my mechanic... We also installed the CAGS eliminator. The car runs smooth like a butterfly... I also had SES message every so often and it did not come up at all after the repairs. That's the first time the car is running so smooth and still very powerful. Love it... :beer
:_rock
:upthumbs

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom