Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Electrical Problem

Putter

Corvette
2003 Convertible
My 2003 convertible's turn signals and hazards will not flash. I can't detect any blown fuses. Any suggestions?

Sounds like the flasher in the Hazard switch has failed. The turn signals have a different fuse from the "hazard" function fuse so you apparently don't have a fuse issue. Here is some info for you. Let me know if I can help further.

Note: This is my standard info. Since your "hazards" do not work then Option 2 will NOT work unless you don't need/want Hazards.

There are 4 ways to fix a turn signal Hazard switch issue.<o:p></o:p>

1. Remove the console and radio surround bezel andremove and replace the Hazard switch. Cost about $25 for a new switch and canbe done in about 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Very easy to do, not hard or reallycomplicated.<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
After removing the console and radio bezel youneed to remove the radio. If you look at your replacement switch you will seethe 2 green tabs on the top and bottom that lock it in place. You will be ableto see the lower one when the radio is removed. Push up on the lower tab with ascrewdriver while pressing in on the lower part of the switch and you canrelease the lower tab. Now the switch should be angled up on the end where thewiring connects. Now take a large flat bladed screw driver and place it at thetop of the switch. Give the screwdriver a swift rap with a hammer. DON’T overdoit, just a reasonable hard hit and the switch will just pop out.<o:p></o:p>
How to remove the console and bezel for access to the radio:<o:p></o:p>
http://www.vetteessentials.com/instructions/g_bezels/bezel_howto.html<o:p></o:p>
2. Buy a Hyperflash unit for about $65 and installit under the dash. Just requires removing the Knee bolster. About a 1/2 hourjob.<o:p></o:p>
3. Buy a used wiring harness that goes from thesteering column to the hazard switch. Remove the knee bolster and unplug theexisting one and install the replacement. Then install the new Hazard switch onthe other end and just place it under the ignition switch where you can accessit if you ever need Hazards. Dash will look stock since the old bad switch isstill there. Cost is 25$ for switch and about 25$ for used harness. Takes thesame time as installing a Hyperflash unit.<o:p></o:p>
Here is info on the wiring harness:<o:p></o:p>
GM P/N 12163776<o:p></o:p>
http://www.corvetterecycling.com/product-p/233776.htm<o:p></o:p>
4. Lastly, this is what I did. A relocation similarto #3 but I used the process in #1 to move the existing wiring harness tobeneath the ignition switch where I placed a new Hazard switch. I thenreinstalled the old Hazard switch in the dash for a stock appearance.<o:p></o:p>
Here is a link for relocation: <o:p></o:p>
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-tech/3334597-hazard-switch-relocation.html<o:p></o:p>

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom