Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

engine oil & stuff

G

gary b.

Me again, can you tell me what engine oil, filter, pcv, trans. fluid, spark plugs & gap, the owners manual calls for, for a 78 vette? Thanks very much! gary.

Why not just order an Owner's Manual? All the resto parts houses have them. If you really want to understand your car and be prepared to work on it, order an Assembly Manual and a Shop Manual too.

Any auto parts house should have the books that will tell you what is needed. In fact, just go to WalMart and look it up.

tom...

Regular Chevy stuff. Back in '78 I was still a parts monkey. Could've quoted you the numbers chapter & verse (if you can use Canadian Tire #'s that is...)

Each brand (Fram, ACDelco, etc.) has its own parts numbers. Just go to the local parts store and you'll see a big book hanging in front of the racks of filters. It'll have all the numbers you need.

Forgot to mention...

Plug gap: .045
Motor oil: depends on your engine's condition and local climate...

GM would haved used 10-30 oil,filter would have been a AC PF25 but you can use the PF35 ( it's just a bit longer,was used on light duty trucks ),trans fluid would would have been Dextron II.Thats all I can tell you.Luck

Thank's everyone! You've been a BIG help! gary

pcv valve- GM Part# 6487779 - AC-Delco# CV-774C

Dave

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom