Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Engine Problem

cajun86

Corvette
88 Vert
This is on an 1988 automatic , well every once in a while while driving the motor will shut off briefly not sure if it dies but i get no throttle response then while still moving it put it in netural and rev the motor and then everything is fine put it back in drive and proceed on. Someone told me to change the relay for the fuel punp which i did but still have the problem every once in a while. The car never has came to a complete stop it always seems to some how correct itself. I have been told to change the TPS which i will probably try next. Any ideas are grately appreciated.
Thanks​

Does the Check Engine lite come on?

If it does, you will need to find out what code(s) is turning it on.

If it does not come on when the trouble occurs, you will need to troubleshoot the problem.

An intermittent problem is the hardest one to find.

Have you replaced the fuel filter in your lifetime? :D

Might be a good place to start.

SAVE THE :w

No SES light , probably should change the fuel filter have done in the past but not recently. Also changed the fuel pump relay and will probably change the TPS could have a flat spot may be...

I had similar problem on my '88. Appears your car might be going into "limp home mode". You didn't say, but when it occurred on my car, I also got a trouble code "33". I changed out the 2 relays for the MAF, and it's been fine since.

I've changed them fairly recently, but mine only does it for a few seconds and its fine. Usually i slide it into netural rev it a couple times and its ok. I've been in the limp mode before and this isn't the same...
Thanks

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom