Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Engine Spec's

V

vettasy

I'm looking for a source of information for detailed engine spec's for a 80 vette. I'm interested in details such as head cc size , rocker ratio's , cam grinds , etc . The Chilton type manuals that I've looked at don't get that detailed, I guess they're covering to many years and engines.

welcome

Hi Vettasy,
Someone here will have the information you are seeking, but it isn't me. I just want to welcome you to the CAC.
Take your time and look around, there is a lot of information in the nooks and crannys. Drop into the Lounge chat-room and 'talk' with other enthusiasts. Feel free to post any questions you have. There is a wealth of information within the CAC members.
Hope to see you posting soon!
Silver

Love those 80's

vettasy ~ first things first...welcome to the CAC :w
Probably the place to start is to post what motor you have.
Think in 80 we had either the LG4/305, and the L48 and L82 350's.
The 305 is a mutant of some sorts, but if you have a 350, I'd guess the only difference in the 48 and 82 would be the cams, but then I'm no techie...so will see where we might need to go to get you some info.
Since this is a fresh post, give it a bit of time and the gurus should be checking this out and will probably be able to spit out the info from their memory banks.
By the way, if you have some pix...just ain't nothin better than BLACK :D:D:D
There is a rally in Bowling Green in late June (the Rendezvous) the is a must for the Sharksters out there. Should have info in the National Events section here. Check it out...if you have the time, alot of CACers will be there.

the DoG

Welcome!

Welcome to CAC!!:w I just found CAC myself and am finding that everyone is very nice and helpful!

GM is offering free "restoration packages" for Corvettes if you call their 800 number. I just got my package yesterday and it has a TON of information on every possible aspect of the car. I am not sure if they would offer it for your year, but it's worth a try!

I have the 800 number at home and will post it later.

BBB454 ~ thanks for your response.:w
That restoration package sounds real interesting, and may help vettasy...and myself too.
I look forward to getting the phone # to check it out.
Thanks again.
the DoG

Re: Welcome!

BBB454 said:
Welcome to CAC!!:w I just found CAC myself and am finding that everyone is very nice and helpful!

GM is offering free "restoration packages" for Corvettes if you call their 800 number. I just got my package yesterday and it has a TON of information on every possible aspect of the car. I am not sure if they would offer it for your year, but it's worth a try!

I have the 800 number at home and will post it later.

The phone number and detailed information on these kits is available on the Vehicle History Search page here at the CAC.

Way to go ROB !!

Thanks Rob.
Goes to show I should spend more time here just learning what all you have provided...but then I'd have to get another job...and I don't think the Rare81 would pay well for car washes...but I'd probably have weekends off when he was cruising.:s

Hi Vettasy,
Welcome to Corvette Action Center.
If you have a 350 you'll have #624 lightwieght heads, 76 cc chambers, (actually closer to 78cc), 1.94 intake valves, 1.50 exhaust valves, 1.5 rocker ratio( varies 1.48 to 1.52). Dont know cam specs.
Mike

vettasy Welcome to The Corvette Action Center

vettasy,
You've landed in the right WebZone for Corvette information and help. Like everyone before me has said, there are a lot of good people here and some great experience and tech. knowledge too.

Is your '80 an L82 or L48? If it is a 4 speed it is an L48 if it's an auto it could be either and if it is a California Car you may have to work a little harder to make it a barn burner if that is what you want. Stop in at the Solid Axle Lounge for tech talk and general conversation. There is a whole bunch of information here, just need to find the time to find it and read it ;)

Engine specs

Thanks to everyone who has answered. Mine is the L48 with a four speed. Some of the specs I'm looking for besides real detail for my engine are those of the L82. Ive been told they have 4 bolt mains , larger valves different cam and higher compression. Is the higher compression gained by smaller combustion chambers in the heads or different pistons that sort of thing. Thanks again.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom