Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Extended Warranty Poll

Did you Purchase an Extended Warranty for your Vette?

• Yes, Absolutely! It is worth it.

Votes: 22 56.4%
  • Still undecided (perhaps this poll will sway my decision)

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • No, I'll fix it myself as I don't trust the dealer monkeys!

Votes: 8 20.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
An extended warranty is a must !!!!!!!!

I wouldn't own any late model vette or any vehicle without a good warranty from the mfgr. What ever it cost's it's worth it and even more so when you are looking to sell it. It just makes things much easier.

But keep in mind that for GMPP you have to take it out 60 days before it expires and they don't budge a day.

There are two dealer around that have excellent deals and they do not have to be local dealers. The warranty is through GM and not the local dealer.

It's wise to do it.

Alan

Car had 23k miles on it. I bought the 3 yr/36k mile $100 deductible, cost was $1200

For some vehicals its not worth it, but everything on the vette is expensive and if your putting lots of miles on, it will pay for itself.

I'll renew it again at 59k miles.

Car had 23k miles on it. I bought the 3 yr/36k mile $100 deductible, cost was $1200

For some vehicals its not worth it, but everything on the vette is expensive and if your putting lots of miles on, it will pay for itself.

I'll renew it again at 59k miles.

I let mine lapse after all. Figuring that I have had the car two years now and have only put 3K miles on it, I figured that it may be cheaper to not have the warranty. I hope I'm not sorry!

I bought my 03Z in March it was still on the factory for about a month. I opted for the 6/60. I just like the security. I had an 02 Silverado and got the extended warranty and used it alot. Then the truck was totalled and I got the prorated money back from it so it paid me twice.

Hi

What is the longest time period of the extended warranty from GMPP

Right now my extended warranty GMPP will be over 4/07. It was first put into service 4/02

Thanks

Alan

PS vette = 2002

I would only buy the GMPP extended warranty.
It pays to shop around. With all the internet competition, you can find GMPP plans at significant discounts. My local dealer would only discount the plans $100, but I found a dealer in Louisiana that would take $550 off the GM suggested price.
I waited until the last day of the factory warrranty and just purchased a 60 month/ 40,000 mile extended warranty on my 04 Z06 for $1070.
The GMPP list price was $1620.
This is the only car I have ever considered an extended warranty on, so I will see if it pays off.

This is basically an insurance business. On the whole, less is paid in claims than is taken in premiums. Otherwise, nobody would be interested in offering these plans.

I agree, buying insurance is betting that you'll actually have a need for it. It's like gambling that your car will fail and need repairs. Psychologically you even "hope" you'll have a use for it in order to justify it. :crazy

Bought when purchased new. Took her "she has long legs" in for AH issue and the CL recall. They didn't fix ****. Reset only and ordered the CL part. Never called me back either for the repair. One thought is if I had not bought the extended warranty I would probably be having issues right now. 7500 miles and no issues "knock on wood".

GMPP Major Guard, zero deductible for $995 for 5 additional years, or 50,000 additional miles paid for itself last week. My wife's 50th AE convertible suffered the 'Service ABS, Service Traction Control, Service Active Handling" syndrome while at the NCM for a volunteer weekend June 2.
Tom Jumper's Jerod fixed the problem by replacing the EBCM and bleeding the brakes. The part was $950+ and 4 hours labor (I did not see the final numbers submitted to GMPP) but it cost me an additional $0.00. Was it worth it? You bet your bippy. We still have 4 years or 40,000 miles to go.:)

I just bought an 2003 Z06 with 40k miles and 0 deductable GMPP that was transferred to me. The extended warranty is good until 7/23/08 or 60k miles and having the warranty was an important consideration in my decision to buy the car about six weeks ago. Peace of mind for a big purchase!

Does anyone know if it is possible to purchase additional time/miles on my warranty that expires next year now? If it is possible, would I save anything by doing it now or should I just wait until 60 days before expiration next year?

I just bought an 2003 Z06 with 40k miles and 0 deductable GMPP that was transferred to me. The extended warranty is good until 7/23/08 or 60k miles and having the warranty was an important consideration in my decision to buy the car about six weeks ago. Peace of mind for a big purchase!

Does anyone know if it is possible to purchase additional time/miles on my warranty that expires next year now? If it is possible, would I save anything by doing it now or should I just wait until 60 days before expiration next year?

It is my understanding that the extended warranty is only available while the original warranty is still in effect. Then the opportunity to get one or extend one is forever lost. That is for the GMPP, I don't know about after market ones.

From the GMPP website:

The GM Protection Plan can only be offered on GM vehicles still under original factory warranty.

I purchased the extended warranty when I purchased my car. I believe it is a 7 yr extended warranty with a $100 deductible for each occurance. My warranty is up in 2010. Like all warranties it doesn't cover tires, spark plugs, brake pads, shocks or any damage caused by neglect. I have a cold air induction system and was told that if it is C.A.R.B. certified it would be covered under warranty. Exhaust was a different matter. Headers are not covered under the warranty. If the dealership could prove that the headers caused any damage or even suspect that they could, the repair would not be covered under the extended warranty or the factory warranty. Mufflers are covered. I recently had to have the catalytic converter replaced. The $100 deductible was well spent.

I went through Warranty Direct as well. Edmunds.com rated that company as the best I believe. I got the bumper to bumper zero deductable. It's good to have piece of mind in case anything goes wrong.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom