Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

fabulous 1971

Wayne robson

Corvette
sold my last corvette.
Did any of you see the original 71 convertible , listed, just finished on ebay item no 180108553507, only 13000mls, had some terrific pictures of original items and decals. If we junped say to year 2020, what would this vette be worth if kept the same condition, say with 20.000 mls. would be interesting to know. regards wayne.

Did any of you see the original 71 convertible , listed, just finished on ebay item no 180108553507, only 13000mls, had some terrific pictures of original items and decals. If we junped say to year 2020, what would this vette be worth if kept the same condition, say with 20.000 mls. would be interesting to know. regards wayne.

Here's the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180108553507

Very nice, and Bridgehampton Blue is my absolute favorite!

This a base engine, auto trans, non A/C , non P/B car. Just having a quick look at the interior and engine compartment photos indicates that there has been lots of restoration, modification and parts replacement activity, so the 'unrestored survivor' claim is a bit of a stretch.

The car got a second Flight award at a regional meet, six years ago. An original, low mileage, top condition car should have easily top flighted........

Hmmmmmmm:eek:hnoes

The seller should have grabbed the $37.4K offer, that's at least 10K more than I think it's worth.

Looks like a very pretty car, but from the photos and information given , it's difficult and dangerous to try to determine just how real a 'real deal' it is.
Alan

What is the point with a car like that? It is not a highly desireable big block, Motion Performance, or ZR1 or other real collectible.

You are paying $37K to buy a planter that will never be worth real big money that you cn never enjoy. It is a base engine convertible and if you drive it it will no longer be a "low milage original". I just don't get it on a car like that.

Vettehead Mickey makes a good point , if it is a 13,000 mile original car it should top flight with its eyes closed. Without documentation how can you tell if it has 13K or 213K on the clock? Stupid money bid and even more stupid turning it down by the seller.

What is the point with a car like that? It is not a highly desireable big block, Motion Performance, or ZR1 or other real collectible.

You are paying $37K to buy a planter that will never be worth real big money that you cn never enjoy. It is a base engine convertible and if you drive it it will no longer be a "low milage original". I just don't get it on a car like that.

Vettehead Mickey makes a good point , if it is a 13,000 mile original car it should top flight with its eyes closed. Without documentation how can you tell if it has 13K or 213K on the clock? Stupid money bid and even more stupid turning it down by the seller.

I agree. " A sheep will graze but a pig will always go to slaughter". More then enough money there.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom