Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Finally got a Vette!

Arnolds64

I have been a gear head all my life. My dad and mother said when I was three while riding in our car I would blurt out what car brands I saw. Of course by the time I got into grade school as I am now 56 the Vette was always that car that I wanted. The cost was always something I just could never justify. Had a series of performance cars and have been accused of a midlife crisis for almost 20 years. LOL! As I say I don't ride in my cars I drive my cars. Always prefer manuals as well. What is crazy in high school I had my only other Chevy. It was a great car and still to this day wish I still had it. Here is why: 65 Malibu SS and put a Big Block in it . Bracket raced it running high 12's but also my street car back in the mid 70's. Really Chevrolet since then did not have any cars except that worked for me as I needed 4 door cars for a long time with kids and my sales job. So this is my first Chevy since the Malibu. Really excited and enjoying my "New" 97. With only 43k it is almost like new. Plan on driving it not letting it be a toy. That is the best thing about the C5 in my opinion is that is can be driven as a daily. I really was not impressed with the earlier C4 to be able to do that. I was trying to stay in the price range for them but decided for comfort I would spend more on the C5. Last car was an Audi TT that I modded to 270hp and installed Koni's and Eibachs myself. Sweet Cars but I got tired of timing belts and CV Boots that seemed to always need to be fixed. Like the Less maintenance needed of older Vettes which offsets I think in overall spend on a used car. There is nothing like a V8 and the power. The C5 is great in that regard that I can get 30mpg on the highway almost as good as the TT. Around town not so much but still if I baby it 20 is pretty easy only about 3 better.

I have learned that Forums are great for researching a vehicle before you buy them. It was so funny when I asked sellers if they had seat Rock and if they battery never leaked and at into the wires. They would not bring it and I used it against them in negotiating. Learned to do the diagnostics and that freaked them out as well. So far CAC is great!

Welcome to CAC!!!!
enjoy!!!

Welcome Aboard and Congratulations. . . . . . . . .

Welcome Arnolds64 we're are so glad you joined us and finally got the car of your dreams, "The All American Sport Car" Corvette you will never be the same. The C-5 is my favorite of all, the body lines, comfort, fuel mileage and it will pick them up and put them down when you want to as well :lou

-Bill :w

Congrats on your first Corvette and welcome to the site!
Best of luck with that C5 - let's see some pictures when you get a chance.

-JS

I have been a gear head all my life. My dad and mother said when I was three while riding in our car I would blurt out what car brands I saw. Of course by the time I got into grade school as I am now 56 the Vette was always that car that I wanted. The cost was always something I just could never justify. Had a series of performance cars and have been accused of a midlife crisis for almost 20 years. LOL! As I say I don't ride in my cars I drive my cars. Always prefer manuals as well. What is crazy in high school I had my only other Chevy. It was a great car and still to this day wish I still had it. Here is why: 65 Malibu SS and put a Big Block in it . Bracket raced it running high 12's but also my street car back in the mid 70's. Really Chevrolet since then did not have any cars except that worked for me as I needed 4 door cars for a long time with kids and my sales job. So this is my first Chevy since the Malibu. Really excited and enjoying my "New" 97. With only 43k it is almost like new. Plan on driving it not letting it be a toy. That is the best thing about the C5 in my opinion is that is can be driven as a daily. I really was not impressed with the earlier C4 to be able to do that. I was trying to stay in the price range for them but decided for comfort I would spend more on the C5. Last car was an Audi TT that I modded to 270hp and installed Koni's and Eibachs myself. Sweet Cars but I got tired of timing belts and CV Boots that seemed to always need to be fixed. Like the Less maintenance needed of older Vettes which offsets I think in overall spend on a used car. There is nothing like a V8 and the power. The C5 is great in that regard that I can get 30mpg on the highway almost as good as the TT. Around town not so much but still if I baby it 20 is pretty easy only about 3 better.

I have learned that Forums are great for researching a vehicle before you buy them. It was so funny when I asked sellers if they had seat Rock and if they battery never leaked and at into the wires. They would not bring it and I used it against them in negotiating. Learned to do the diagnostics and that freaked them out as well. So far CAC is great!

Arnold,

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your 'Vette! Please continue to enjoy the driving experience ;).

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Welcome to the CAC!!

I bet you wish you still had the Malibu. If not, I wish I had it!!

Mac

Welcome to CAC. You find a great bunch of people here. You'll also see that the C5 is a great car.

great idea to drive not hide your vette

Bought my C5 last year after a 58 year wait - enjoyed an 1800 mile 8 day road trip at month 3.
Just awesome ...
If not for going back to work I might not have turned and come home.

Drive your corvette well and often!

Good luck!
03 in RI:thumb

:welcome Congrats on the "new" C5!! You're going to LOVE it!!

Welcome! Enjoy the ride.

Welcome

Welcome to Corvette Action Center we're glad you've joined us :beer

Bill :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom