Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Finally... It Lives!

74bigblock

Corvette
2008 Z06
So yeah, um... in March or April (with car still in moth balls from the winter) I started a project to replace my oil pan.

Two mis-shapen pans later... this weekend I re-tapped the oil drain plug nut to 9/16 X 12 (yes, that is a big hole :boogie), bolted her back on, filled her with oil, and fired her up!

The cloud of soot than ensued smelled fantastic, and warranted a good sweep of the garage floor :naughty:. She rolled out of the garage, and stretched her legs for the first time since October!

I'm quite happy to report that she lives and drives! In celebration of the occasion, I have taken the liberty to order some www.spiralturbobaffles.com (and also so I hault the hearing loss resulting from my open side pipes [don't tell anyone, but it got so bad last season that I had to put the Hooker glass packs back on, but they are so restrictive and sound like :puke] so I heard these baffles are the :soapbox).

Cheers!

Dave

Awesome to hear this Dave. Since you were replacing the oil pan did you also replace the oil pump? WOW! Those Spiral Baffles look very restrictive??? Have you thought about chambered exhaust?

Awesome to hear this Dave. Since you were replacing the oil pan did you also replace the oil pump? WOW! Those Spiral Baffles look very restrictive??? Have you thought about chambered exhaust?

Oil pump was just replaced 4000 miles ago... so no need to replace.

The spiral baffles are tunable... the center cap has concentric tuning rings so you can open/close the center tube as much as you desire. I will leave mine open, and just let the cork screws muffle the sound with as little restriction as possible.

The Hooker glass packs have a 1" dia hole that the exhaust flows through... Now that is restrictive!!!

:beer
Dave

She rolled out of the garage, and stretched her legs for the first time since October!
I just took mine out tonight for the first time since May 9. Been busy with lots of mechanical improvements. I've been going crazy since I lost two months of driving season to do this work. You are a patient man indeed.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom