Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

FINALLY

Vette_Dreaming... We need to get some bigger pix attached for you before we all get eyestrain! ;) :L

What can I do to help? :D

:w Jane Ann
When I get a little time I am going to go back over the thread that you put in about resizing pictures. Thanks for all of your support! Once more I just have to say what a great group of people you all are.

When I get a little time I am going to go back over the thread that you put in about resizing pictures. Thanks for all of your support! Once more I just have to say what a great group of people you all are.

All part of the service! As Patrick said earlier, let us know if we can help.

And I love the color of your new Corvette!! Great avatar!!

Again - Congrats and Enjoy!!
Jane Ann

Congratulations, dude! I am biased as I have a Navy Vert too! Love the color and love the ride!
LT

Congrats. Wish you the best with it and I know you will enjoy it. :bu

Well I'm not a C5 owner, but send congrats anyway!

We'll be expecting to see it up close and personal at some local events! (and darn well better see it at least come CruiseFest time!) :upthumbs

Bill

O.K. Now you need to think about your first mods...

Congratulations, dude! I am biased as I have a Navy Vert too! Love the color and love the ride!
LT

Sooner rather than later, you will begin the ritual process of mods. I'll admit, some are more radical than others. One simple and relatively inexpensive mod for a Vert owner is "Window Valet". :) Jim Vose and the fine folks at Southern Car Parts market this easy to install device that will roll up or down both windows via a touch of your key fob. It is great for getting ready for the top to go down...let's face it..the weather is getting more predictable ...so..."topdownitis" will soon set in. I see you are in Colorado? Still snow out that way...but, the Window Valet is still a great idea and the customer support at this vendor is the best.

It is supposed to be in the mid 60s here today and I rode my Vert in so I can ride home with top down. :beer

Again, congratulations and enjoy!

LT

One simple and relatively inexpensive mod for a Vert owner is "Window Valet".
The previous owner was so nice and already installed this mod.
:) ..."topdownitis" will soon set in.
It did last night. My grandson just had to have me "take off the lid" and go for a drive. It was a little chilly but the smile on his face was worth it.
I see you are in Colorado? Still snow out that way...It is supposed to be in the mid 60s here today and I rode my Vert in so I can ride home with top down. :beer
Actually, most of the snow is gone (in Denver) and it will be close to 60 here today. I drove the Vert so that I can hopefully do the same thing. ;)

ENJOY.........you're never going to regret buying it! I'm looking for a C5 to keep my ruby red company!

Best of luck![/COLOR]

ENJOY.........you're never going to regret buying it! I'm looking for a C5 to keep my ruby red company!

Best of luck![/COLOR]
Now the Ruby is a nice color, until I decided on a C5, the Rudy would have been my first choice. The C5 is an awsome machine.

Beautiful :)

<now go get some microfiber towels for when you wax it....it will avoid the swirl marks (forward of the door handle and forward of the fender/door gap in the picture). Tough to avoid when taking a picture with the sun directly behind the camera....but the towels will help :)> Thats a sharp ride.

Beautiful :)

<now go get some microfiber towels for when you wax it....it will avoid the swirl marks (forward of the door handle and forward of the fender/door gap in the picture). Tough to avoid when taking a picture with the sun directly behind the camera....but the towels will help :)> Thats a sharp ride.
Actually the dealer that I got it from hired some one new to detail it and they used a power polisher :eek:hnoeson it. They are going to take in next week and hand polish to get the marks out. But yes I will get some good microfiber towels to wax it.

Ah....yes......a very common problem. I dont know what it is, but I guess people just like to touch the car.
A case in point :
I had to leave the car at the place I bought it a few months ago for some warranty work. Anticipating exactly what we are talking about here I did the following :

=> I spoke to the guy who owns the place on the phone earlier in the week and brought up the fact that it's a black car (notoriously hard to keep the finish); so when I left the car please ask them not to wipe it off after the work was done, I would take care of it when I got the car back.

=> I mentioned it again to him when I dropped the car off.

=> I went as far as to print up a note, and leave it on the dashboard that said "Please dont wipe down or detail the outside of the car after repairs, I will take care of it when I get the car back, Thanks"

So I get dropped off at the place to pick the car up, and I see my car parked out on the center checkered flag circle (like a display area in front of the specialty corvette dealer) prominently displayed and looking it's normal state of "very clean" (which it probably should not have been after sitting in the shop for almost a week). The "uh oh" alarm goes off in my head, so I do the walk around but due to the lighting where it was parked, I dont detect any problems, so I let it go.

The next day I use the car and as I'm walking back to it the sun is directly behind me and I see :

BestShotWiped.jpg

I nearly dropped the groceries :-O !

My first inclinations was to drive directly back to the place, stopping only at Home Depot, to pick up some work gloves, to improve my grip as I strangled whoever was responsible. It normaly would take about thirty to forty minutes, I was thinking I could probably make it in ten . . .

Going over that scenario in my head, I weighed the likely outcomes and considering the expense of legal representation, and the possibility incarceration; I decided it prudent to forgo plan A).........but I gotta tell ya......it was close :)

So . . . I hear you :), I was more mentioning the wipe down to you because I know how much pride you are gonna be taking in how great your new baby looks; and it being a darker color, just wanted to pass along something to think about to avoid some of the attendant aggrevation that can at times interfere with "our obsession".

There is a definite Zen like relationship to this whole "wax on....wax off... stare at car....realize what a beautiful, squared away piece of machinery you now have....drive car...rediscover how well it performs it's function . . ." thing we do.

At least for me, I find that although I have to do and think way more about things relating to the vette than I ever did with any other vehicle, the benefits far outweigh the additional oversight required and the actual "doing" even of the additional things becomes rather than a burden, a joy in itself :)

Well thats enough philosophy for today......you have better things to do......go drive that baby :)

When I first saw my car on the lot, I almost passed it up because of the marks, but I couldn't it was just too perfect. The dealer will get it taken care of and then I will make sure that it gets regular attention. Sounds like your baby is back to its beautiful condition again. I have to do some more research here for cleaning and waxing tips. I know that there is a lot of good advise here, I just have to take the time to digest all of it.

GORGEOUS! Now put that top down and get out there!

<insert giant thumbs-up, s##t-eatin' grinning smiley here>

CONGRATS!!!! I just got my second one today after an absence and I understand your joy. Enjoy it to it's fullest!!!

Great looking car and you get to live in the mountains too? Life doesn't get much better than that! I would have gotten that same color if I could have talked my wife into it. Since this one was suppose to be for her I now own the lt. pewter which would be my second choice.

attachment.php

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom