Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

first c3?

O

Oldskool153

Hey everyone Im 22 and have a 92lt1 c4, I also had an 88 4+3 until i flipped it over an almost died on my way home from Atlantic City last may. Anyway after i got outta the hospital I bought an lt1 z28 that I had for a few months but the z just didnt cut it, ever since my 88 im a full fledged vette guy..anway I bought my 92 with 82k on her in september for 12k..i still owe roughly 6k onit, i love the car so much but my prob is im tired of paying 250 on insurance and 276 on a payment eachmonth for a car that I never use..im thinking that If i can sell the car for 9-10k that gives me 3-4k to play with does anyone think i can find a running c3 for that kinda money? doesnt have to be perfect just something I can tag and drive an fix as i go dont care what year but i want to get rid of my payment..not sure if i really wanna get rid of the c4 but at this point i may consider it.. id also consider trading for a c3 and have the person take over my payments so basically theyd be trading there c3 in as a down payment and just take over my payments. just wondering what options i have, if not ill just keep Valerie

I'll guess the thing that's killing you is the insurance. At your age, most insurance companies get premuim prices for insurance on just about anything- but especially performance cars. Not beating you down here- not my intention at all- just pointing out facts. Even the collector car insurance market gets all weird if there's just a DRIVER in the house that's under 25, even if they don't have access to the car.

I had a Z-28 back in the early 70's- insurance was way cheaper then and it still about killed me to keep it.

yea but if i can eliminate my car payment my insurance wouldnt be bad, thats why id like to get a c3 that i can own and just pay the insurance and fix up as i go

I would bet you could find a driver c4 for 3-4K easier than you could a c3. I have seen 84's and 85's for sale in my area for less than $4K, and some late 80's early 90's C4's for 6-8K.

As far as trading, that would be a problem since nothing talks louder that cold hard cash.

I was 22 in 73 and had a 72 240Z and paid 900/ yr for liability back then

In my area a C3 is going to run about 6K on the low side for one that is in driveable shape. C4's are a bit cheaper as was said in another post you can pick one up for around 4K.
But a C3 is going to run you about 7 or 8 for a nice driver.
I just bought my C3 1980 about a month ago so I went through a lot of C3's to find mine at the right price, and took about two weeks to get the guy to drop the price down where I was ready to pull the trigger.

Mike.

Pls dont forget that the cheaper you get your Vette for, the more money you will be likely to need later on, ie. in parts etc if you do all the work yourself. Dont get me wrong, not trying to get you away from a C3, obviously, i love them and got mine at 23 but the upkeep is something you shouldnt forget either.. Just saying. :)

:w
-Stefan

You'll be hard pressed to find a C3 in a safe condition for that much. The ones you will find are going to need a lot of work to make them driveable not just presentable. I would consider shopping around for insurance and see if you can get something cheaper and also pay off your current ride before you bite the bullet and sell. Keep an eye out for them though, rare finds can be found.

:Steer:Steer:SteerHi Every Body,

To all the Vett fans in America ,,,, You guys dont know how lucky you are to be able to get Corvettes at thet prices they are there.... have a look atTrade Me – New Zealand online auctions and classifieds. Browse, buy and sell online on trademe.co.nz under Corvette and I think you guys will be amazed at the prices of American cars here in New Zealand... I paid $26500.00 nz for my 1977 L48 and spend $10000.00 on it so far... Enjoy them guys they are less expense than EX wives

:Steer:Steer:SteerHi Every Body,

To all the Vett fans in America ,,,, You guys dont know how lucky you are to be able to get Corvettes at thet prices they are there.... have a look atTrade Me – New Zealand online auctions and classifieds. Browse, buy and sell online on trademe.co.nz under Corvette and I think you guys will be amazed at the prices of American cars here in New Zealand... I paid $26500.00 nz for my 1977 L48 and spend $10000.00 on it so far... Enjoy them guys they are less expense than EX wives
Who painted that engine??? :ugh

Hi , I painted it blue as blue is the engine colour for that year and that was the only blue motor paint I could get locally....the car is a work in progress ... so keep your insults to your self vette79)... And I hope Oldskool153 finds a Good C3 to Enjoy

I think your motor looks great, although I would paint the water pump pulley black,the fuel line silver,and get a chrome alternator bracket. You have a great looking Vette.

I think your motor looks great, although I would paint the water pump pulley black,the fuel line silver,and get a chrome alternator bracket. You have a great looking Vette.

Hi Thanks,
Yes it would look goods those colours,
waiting for new shed to be completed so I will have more room to work on it
Cheers:beer

Hi , I painted it blue as blue is the engine colour for that year and that was the only blue motor paint I could get locally....the car is a work in progress ... so keep your insults to your self vette79)... And I hope Oldskool153 finds a Good C3 to Enjoy
I think you got a nice looking ride there. The engine is not bad at all, maybe not NCRS correct, but I think it looks good :)
So do Corvettes drive good upside down? :chuckle

I think you got a nice looking ride there. The engine is not bad at all, maybe not NCRS correct, but I think it looks good :)
So do Corvettes drive good upside down? :chuckle

LOL... it drives a lot better with the 460pound front springs big sway bar rebuilt front and rear suspension and 360 pound frb rear spring:thumb

Hi everyone sorry for the late reply, guess I'm better off keeping my 92 atleast for now

to C3 or not to C3

Oldskool, you say you really love your C4 and insurance would not be a problem if it was paid for............just knuckle down for a while and get it paid off. Your problem will be solved. Good luck.:upthumbs

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom