Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Fixed Headlight Installation

RonnieH

Corvette
2012 Crystal Red Metallic
I purchased fixed headlight system w/projector bulbs. Reading the item description, supposedly the installation is "easy". The instructions with the kit make no mention how to remove the old flip-ups and buckets. Looking at it, I'll probably figure it out on my own.

I was wondering if anyone has any experience installing the new fixed headlights and can maybe offer some guidelines/tips. The instructions say the bumper has to be removed to install the headlights - again with no instructions how to remove. Just looking at the bumper, looks to be many, many screws to be removed. Again, anyone have any experience removing the front bumper and if so, any tips would be appreciated. I've done some searches, but have found nothing online how to remove the front bumper and reinstall. Would anyone know of a link I may have overlooked?

Thanks in advance for any help.

I hope I'm not too late to help, but, removing the stock headlight is a pretty simple process. Raise the headlight and unplug the connector, remove the beazel, and underneath the light you should locate three nuts, (two on the side and on in the back), remove these and the whole bucket pulls out. now, as far as what you have to do to install the fixed lights, I'm sorry, but I can't help you there. Good luck.

Thanks for the response

Reply is not too late - thanks very much. I'm still wrestling with whether to proceed. Headlight removal should be pretty straightforward as you describe. My dilemma is whether I want to tackle removing the front bumper. If I scratch it, drop it or crack it, I'd be sick. As of now, I'm leaning on keeping everything stock and just returning the headlight mod.

Thanks again for the reply.

Don't do it.
Send back the fixed light kits.
Just sayin'...

Totally agree. They look as dumb as the ones I've seen on the occasional c2. Plus, down the road if you ever want to sell it, you're going to have a tougher time.

Sending back the lights

Thanks to all who replied. After much deliberation, decided to return the lights.

While I think the lights would look good, there is too much downside. Removing the front bumper could damage it. I called Corvette Mods and said their product description is misleading - "easy installation". Later, I read somewhere someone had to modify the mounting holes and after installation, the lights wiggled/vibrated. While there is a lifetime warranty on the bulbs and ballasts, what happens if the clear cover gets cracked/broken? Would I have to buy a new set of lights? I found what appeared to be the same set of lights on E-bay. Their product description said DIY is possible, but they strongly recommended "professional installation". Not to mention they were $100 cheaper than Corvette Mods. So all in all, will keep it stock. Last year I replaced the gears for both headlights w/metal gears, so hopefully I'm trouble free for the near future. No need to spend good $$$ for something which may cause problems down the road (no pun intended).

Again, thanks to all.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom