Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Flashing LEDs

S

SKIP780

have the electronic climate control on my 93 lt1. the engine temp comes up and the heater core was flushed clear.but i get no heat in cold weather. the LEDs flash on the displar so i pulled the codes and got a code 01, 'temp door motor circut fault'.
whats this mean and how do i fix it or where to start? it has seemed to me for awhile that the air is not flowing thru the heater core and this code would confirm my suspinsions.
would like some advice on what to do-thanx.
r/s frank

That is a tough one!

Be patient, but it sounds like a person has to be present to correctly diagnose it.

This also might be a dealer problem. Check to see if there was a service bulletin issued for this problem, it can be found under recalls.

Alan

No Heat

My son had this (under warranty) and the dealer replaced the door motor then the control head. Neither worked. The third visit revealed some insullation stuck to the door, holding it closed but only intermittently (it was OK for the first many 1000's miles). Must have been a really miopic mechanic to miss the real problem while he was replacing the door motor.
Whether it's a stuck door or a bad motor, it's somewhat of a PITA to get to. If you have a passenger airbag, be sure to follow the disabling instructions before taking the bottom off of the passenger side dash.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom