Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

FOB's not detected

sett2vett

Corvette
2006 coupe
I have a 2006 coupe. Neither FOB keypad will allow the car to start; DIC shows NO FOB DETECTED. It will start if the keypad is inserted into the glove box recepticle. Good car battery/good ACC. Consulted the service manual and performed the Lock door/passive entry test and could not open either door. Keypads act like they're dead. I have never changed the batteries in the keypads. It would probably be a good idea to do so but the service manual states to then reprogram the FOB's, of which there are four different methods!!! The service manual has many other troubleshooting procedures, but being that it's 8 degrees here in Michigan today I did only one of the simpler tests. Any comments/suggestions? Thanks.

I have a 2006 coupe. Neither FOB keypad will allow the car to start; DIC shows NO FOB DETECTED. It will start if the keypad is inserted into the glove box recepticle. Good car battery/good ACC. Consulted the service manual and performed the Lock door/passive entry test and could not open either door. Keypads act like they're dead. I have never changed the batteries in the keypads. It would probably be a good idea to do so but the service manual states to then reprogram the FOB's, of which there are four different methods!!! The service manual has many other troubleshooting procedures, but being that it's 8 degrees here in Michigan today I did only one of the simpler tests. Any comments/suggestions? Thanks.
Didn't know that there are batteries in the pad ,I have had to change the FOB batteries in my 08 .Interesting

I simply changed the batteries in the keypads. There was no need to "reprogram" the keypads as the service manual directed.

I simply changed the batteries in the keypads. There was no need to "reprogram" the keypads as the service manual directed.

Hey sett2vett,

Glad to see you got everything worked out with the fob! Remember, we're here if you ever have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to write us.

Terrell
Chevrolet Customer Care

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom