Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

For Sale: Beautiful 1986 Pace Car Replica--19,800 miles!

Q

QuicksilverG5

Hi! As the title suggests, I'm selling my 1986 Corvette C4 Pace Car Replica, and I thought I'd post it on here before I head to eBay. For those of you who aren't familiar with the Pace Car Replica, here's a quick description and picture:

“1986 was the second opportunity for Corvette to provide the Official Pace Car for the Indianapolis 500, where the car was driven by famous test pilot Chuck Yeager. Chevrolet was proud because they did not need to make any modifications to their car for this task. This meant that all 7,315 convertibles, no matter what their specification or color scheme, are considered Pace Car replicas. It was also the first convertible Corvette since 1975.”

1986dd.jpg

Here are the car specs (although some of you probably already know most of this already):

Specifications:
Description: 1986 Corvette Convertible Pace Car Replica
Mileage: 19,800
Exterior Color: Red, with white top
Interior Color: Red
Engine: 350 cubic inch, 5.7L V-8
Transmission: 4-speed manual

Options Installed:
New Sony/Infinity sound system including AM/FM CD player and speakers (I also have the original system)
Brand-new Michelin Pilot XGT V4 tires (V-rated)
Anti-Theft System
Leather Seats
Power Mirrors, Windows, Locks, Antenna 6-Way Power Seats
Drivers-side airbag

Other:
The Pace Car decals are included in the original box, but not installed. They will be included for you to use at your discretion. Note: the cruise control is not working.

Contact Information:
If you’re interested in this car, I'd be happy to set up an appointment/test-drive! Email or call Joel at:

(847) 277-1710
QuicksilverG4@earthlink.net

7.jpg
6.jpg
8.jpg
5.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg
4.jpg
3.jpg
Corvette1.jpg
Vette2.jpg

Glad you took my advice and put it on this site. This car looks awesome. I wish that I had a 3 corvette garage! Who ever buys this car will be very happy.

Good Luck!

CP ;)

1986 red vette

Is the 19K correct? Surprised you needed a new set of tires with low miles. The drivers seat looks okay. Can you tell me how bad the creasing is on the leather, any cracks or tares. Is the top original? How is the rear window?
Anything major been done to the car, body or engine, etc.
Price please.

billroth said:
Is the 19K correct? Surprised you needed a new set of tires with low miles.

Tires don't age well. He probably replaced them not because of tread wear but because of normal dry rot/hardening of the tires which happens with age.

Just a guess, though! Nice looking car. :)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom