Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Important! Forum Software Upgrade

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
The Corvette Action Center's forum software has been upgraded to the latest generation of the forum software that has been completely rewritten from the group up. There is much more functionality and options as well as cosmetic changes.

Please bear with us as we work through all of these changes, and slowly bring the look and feel of the previous forums back here.

• Admin
Ugh....I can tell I've got a lot of work ahead of me!

Ugh....I can tell I've got a lot of work ahead of me!
Thank you again for keeping the CAC at the top of the game! You rock!!

-Mac

• Admin
Thanks Mac. Got a lot more work ahead of me.

It sure would be great if you could get it to look and feel like the old board. The layout now is a real pain. And the search function blows as you can't search based on the different departments, and the results don't go in order from newest to oldest. They are all mixed up. :W

• Admin
It sure would be great if you could get it to look and feel like the old board. The layout now is a real pain. And the search function blows as you can't search based on the different departments, and the results don't go in order from newest to oldest. They are all mixed up. :W

I will working on the forums throughout the day today.

The upgrade was necessary due to security patches and bug fixes with the older verion that we were running.

WOW! This new forum layout is different!

One of my pet saying is: "Everybody wants progress but nobody wants change."

The look and feel of this forum layout is definitely different.

WOW! This new forum layout is different!

One of my pet saying is: "Everybody wants progress but nobody wants change."

The look and feel of this forum layout is definitely different.
:w Tuna

I'm pretty confident by the time Rob customizes the basic forum layout we are now seeing, it will look more like the old format than this generic layout ;) :dance

I sure don't know nutt'n about this kind of stuff, but I do know that Rob put a lot of his web design talent and efforts into the OLD Corvette Action Center design layout, and I would not expect him to leave this format for long :dance From what I understand this isn't a revision, it's a total new design from vBulletin Solutions and needs Rob's touch to make it more user friendly and appealing, esp... for old folks like me...

Another old saying ;) "The only person that likes change,... is a baby with a wet diaper!" :cry

Bud

Figures after I lay out kudos I would find this thread right in front of me!;LOL

The place looks great, I like what you guys have done to an already top notch website.
Well done Rob and Co. :beer

Rob, you may want to consider putting out an email blast as I don't think most people are going to come in here to see what's up.

Thanks for all your hard work Rob. New look is excellent and much cleaner.

Ron
"Baldie88"

So far so good Rob!!!!!:upthumbs

:W my 3rd world internet access just let me stay on and post for the first timesince the upgrad!!!

:upthumbs other than that, it seems to be going well!

Gallery photos upload---FYI

I was playing around some tonight and noticed the Gallary upload option to select a CATEGORY only allows for Cruisefest 2010.
The radio button only allows this entry. I did an upload and tried to see if I could change the category after the upload, but no go.
With any upgrade, maybe add to the "TO DO" list.

Yep, I have to upgrade the gallery software as well since it interacts with the forum software. Hang tight.

Rob, not sure if this is just me, but occasionally, a second after the page is loaded, it gives me the 404 not found error. My guess is it's trying to load an ad that no longer exists and then it redirects me to the 404 error page, even though the forum part is there and loaded.

I am getting LOTS of 404 errors. It has become a way of life here.
I absolutely hate the page layouts difficult to see what is what. This is much like what I have seen on another site for some time makes it difficult to see what the threads are. In short I hope it improves.

Glenn
:w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom