Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Found my stolen Vette can't get it back

I just had an idea. Does the guy travel with the car or possibly show it out of state or in a different part of Tenn? I'd be watching him and follow him to a show someplace. Have your title and documents with you and contact the police in that jurisdiction. They would be much easier to talk to than the good old boys club where the guy lives. Many stolen Corvettes have been confiscated at shows. Let the court in that jurisdiction decide who is the owner. They would be less prejudiced. Oldest still valid title will/should take the car.

Tom

Lots of great replies from everyone here, 58bowty.

We all want you to get your car back.

:thumb

Looking back on your earlier post... I think this may be the lynch pin as to why you're struggling with getting the car back:
58bowty said:
VIN on frame was viewed but is no longer legible.

I guess there isn't enough of the whole car to prove conclusively that it is yours in the state that it is in.

Without a good frame number- to the State, the judges, and the departments of motor vehicles... it may just be a body that is left. Unless the car in it's entirety can be proven to be yours... seems like no one is in a rush to hand it over. I don't think anyone wants to dismantle the car and say "Here ya' go- here's the body. That's all that we can say conclusively is yours."

For you, I do hope that it all works itself out. This is a real painful mess that, unlike wine, isn't getting better with age.

That is just pathetic, I had my 1966 427 L/88 roadster stolen out of my driveway in Oakland Nj way back in 1971.

Not a day goes by I don't think about my 66 427 L88 Roadster, Great way to combat auto theft. You know if that was some cops kids car they would go back build a case and sting them all up. I got $1000.00 for mine, pitiful when you think an all original may bring well over $100,000.00. I can say with certainty I would take somebody out if I ever found out who it was. Wishful thinking. Seems to me with the attitude these so called law enforcement people have "anything goes" maybe your Corvette could meet an firey demise, I mean after all if you can't rightfully get your rightful property back why should some scumbag be able to enjoy it. The paper trail was all phoney to bury the car in beaurocracy and paper for sure. Good luck with that.
:BDH[/QUOTE]

:r

Uh.....you mean your 67 L88........or your 66 L72.....I'm thinking.......:thumb Welcome to the CAC.......

uh,er.

Uh.....you mean your 67 L88........or your 66 L72.....I'm thinking.......:thumb Welcome to the CAC.......

uh, er, L72. I kicked it up in 69 with Alum. L88 heads 12:1's 488's out back and Holley 850 CFM. Never lost on the street but got lots of beer in my face, seems I always had a beer in my lap whenever a 429, 440 or 427 challenged my stock looking L 72. Bos 429's (Dual 4's):chuckle were the biggest slugs.

Sounds like a very fast Corvette....it has to be out there somewhere or at least pieces of it.......I hate thieves...........:mad

It was stolen from you, you haven't been compensated,whosoever bought it subsequently was buying a stolen car, 'caveat emptor'; the car belongs to you. That is the law the whole civilised world over.......Roger.

Options

I was just watching a video from the NICB (I thinks that's the National Insurance Crime Board) that has had involvement in recovering stolen vehicles. IMO it would be worth contacting them if there was a police report on record for the stolen vehicle. They've had videos on vehicles stolen 30+ years ago that were recovered and returned to their rightful owners. Sounds like you have enough info it could make a recovery possible and knowing where the vehicle is certainly would help out.

58bowty, do you have any updates for us?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom