Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Finding Our Old Corvette

LS2joe

Corvette
1966, 1999, 2004
This is a long shot, but I'm on the hunt for my dad's first car - a 1959 Corvette.

He owned it from 1969-1981 - black/white coves, red interior, engine was not stock, had side pipes.

My latest searches have found that it was titled in Ohio as recently as 2012 - a replacement title. I'd love to see the car for myself, no matter what state it is in. We aren't looking to purchase or anything like that. I also think it would be fun to talk to the current owner and fill in the history gap, providing some info on where my dad picked it up, what he did with it, etc.

VIN: J59S102080

Facts I've learned so far: Mecum/Barret-Jackson have not seen it across their blocks, it isn't on the C1 registry, it's apparently registered in Summit County, OH, and I've posted to numerous national and local facebook groups.

Thanks for any help or tips you can provide.

Attachments

• Photo Mar 12, 11 59 36 PM.jpg
    Photo Mar 12, 11 59 36 PM.jpg
    560.6 KB · Views: 123
Try searching for a local newspaper in Summit Ohio. Place an ad. Maybe someone who knows the car will respond.

Tom

This is a long shot, but I'm on the hunt for my dad's first car - a 1959 Corvette.

He owned it from 1969-1981 - black/white coves, red interior, engine was not stock, had side pipes.

My latest searches have found that it was titled in Ohio as recently as 2012 - a replacement title. I'd love to see the car for myself, no matter what state it is in. We aren't looking to purchase or anything like that. I also think it would be fun to talk to the current owner and fill in the history gap, providing some info on where my dad picked it up, what he did with it, etc.

VIN: J59S102080

Facts I've learned so far: Mecum/Barret-Jackson have not seen it across their blocks, it isn't on the C1 registry, it's apparently registered in Summit County, OH, and I've posted to numerous national and local facebook groups.

Thanks for any help or tips you can provide.
Have you reached out to the Tire Town Corvette Club? They are in Summit County and it's likely someone there will know your Vette if it is still on the road.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom