Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Frame questions

corvette1976

I am restoring a 1968 corvette and have it stripped completely to the fame. Does anyone have a gussets location diagram where they all go or could tell me where to put them and where not to put them. I know some will interfere with the steering but where else.
Also besides prep work before I paint is there anything else I have to do to the frame. Some said I should weld over the factory welds to make it stronger. Any more advise?

My advice is to purchase the '68 assembly instruction manual (AIM) and go with what you see there.

There is a 53-72 frame restoration reference book and a book about building a C3 rolling chassis if you want to check the aftermarket providers and order copies.

For a daily driver, you should not have to go back over the factory welds unless you find cracks.

:)

go to THE CORVETTE RESTORATION PAGE, a guy is rebuilding a car and does some frame work to it.

My advice is to purchase the '68 assembly instruction manual (AIM) and go with what you see there.
Ya know, Mike, you should just break down and make that your auto-signature.

"Want the answer to your question? Pick up a copy of the Assembly Instruction Manual ("AIM") for your car."

And then at least 75% of your posts could simply say
Here's what I think...<end of post>

<auto signature>

:L :thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom