Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

From FL

cor66vette

Corvette
'66 convertible,
Please allow me to relay a "funny" story as my intro post to the forum, but please keep the ridicule to a minimum, or at least clean, and not too insulting. :r

I joined this forum in 2013 and lost all recollection that I joined. Today, I was searching the googlenet and came across this forum and decided to join. When I went to the sign up page, I was informed that I am already a member. :duh Go figure ... just getting old, I guess.

Anyway, long time Vette enthusiast, and long time member of a forum or two. I started with a '61 when I was 17. Was away from Vettes for some years when my wife made it really easy to get back into it, and I did with a '66 convertible. Then I added a 50th AE, and a '75 coupe. I still have the '66 and the '75, but I sold the '03 in anticipation of getting a 2017 GS- which is on order, and I'm patiently waiting for the M7 constraint to go away.

So, that's my story. :beer

Welcome back!!!!!
enjoy!!!

sounds like KRAFT Disease...;LOL;LOL
I get it all the time!!!

Welcome back even though you really never left. . . . . .

To have a 61 Corvette @ 17 or any Vette for that matter is way cool: was the Vette new then? At any-rate looks like you're not new to the world of Corvette's :cool!: So you are a new old member that didn't have much to say to start with! Can't really welcome you as a new member either, but will anyway :welcomeWaiting on the new one would be exciting, what color is it going to be, too early for a build date; is it? Stick or automatic?

-Bill

Thanks for the welcome.

@ Bill- To answer your questions: I ordered a Sterling Blue Metallic - M7 - GS Coupe - 2lt - Gray interior. :happyanim:
I know, the jury's out with a lot of guys regarding the Sterling Blue, but what that color does for the body lines and curves and contour of the Vette is stunning. To me, at least.
No stripes, and no other options- unless you consider home delivery an option. Just a few hundred more than a courtesy delivery. I don't trust a (courtesy) dealer who lost a sale, and who's only getting paid to prep the car.
Right now, my immediate plan as soon as I get the car is to get the windows tinted with Suntek tint- or something similar.
No build date yet- M7 constraints, but I can wait ... lots to do around the house and with the other toys.

I appreciate the interest.
Cheers :beer

We will require pictures when you get it of course :happyanim:We're waiting with you now :beer

-Bill

Welcome to the Forum. :w
Hopefully you will get the car before Labor Day.

Welcome back! :w Us 'old guys' have got to stick together. :chuckle As Bill said, pictures of your fleet are almost required. :D Post some up when you can (especially the 66 which is my favorite year).

Welcome back.

The sterling blue is beautiful.

Toms007
I've had a few Corvettes and my 66 Coupe was my favorite.

Welcome to the Forum. :w
Hopefully you will get the car before Labor Day.

Hopefully, but not probably. I hear not before August 1st. But I hear a lot of things.

Welcome back! :w Us 'old guys' have got to stick together. :chuckle As Bill said, pictures of your fleet are almost required. :D Post some up when you can (especially the 66 which is my favorite year).

Okay, now stay awake ...

One of my favorite pics of the '66
DSC04253.jpg

And this will always be my favorite
Myboyznme_zps86f45459.jpg

'66 in its current state going through a frame-off
P5280023_zps2jisc1k2.jpg

My '75
008A.jpg

My '61 and me back then
61Vette6.jpg

Welcome back.

The sterling blue is beautiful.

Toms007
I've had a few Corvettes and my 66 Coupe was my favorite.

I feel the mid-year Corvette is the epitome of a timeless classic.
The Sterling Blue Metallic is not so much a "wow" color, but it really compliments the C7's lines and curves.

sounds like we could be fast friends if we remember? What part of FL?

Haha, yeah. I'm in Palm Coast
We will require pictures when you get it of course :happyanim:We're waiting with you now :beer

-Bill

Aha! You DIDN'T stay awake! Pics above...

Thanks, guys for the welcome and re-welcome.

Classic for sure. . . . . .

66 definitely a classic and big part of the history that made Corvette legendary for sure :happyanim: One of my favorites as well. 1972 LT-1 would be another one I would love to own :v

-Bill

66 definitely a classic and big part of the history that made Corvette legendary for sure :happyanim: One of my favorites as well. 1972 LT-1 would be another one I would love to own :v

-Bill

I arranged a marriage of the 66 Corvette and a 70 LT1. If it hadn't been for a drunk driver, I would still own it.

Sweet, 350hp/327. Factory KOs or repros? Love IT. :thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom