Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Front License Plate Poll

Front plate

We must display a front plate here in Melbourne.
Mine is located under the bumber, on a piano hinge so it rides up in the air flow when the car is moving, when stopped it hangs down.
;)....summer is comming !

Front plate

Two plates required by law MO. What else do you need to know.

Oh, one more thing for all the anti-cop whiners out there. If you come to Oregon with no insurance or no valid driver's license, and you get stopped (for speeding, no front plate, 2-3 bales of marijuana in the rear trying to get to Seattle up I-5, etc.), plan on having your Corvette towed direct to the tow yard, no exceptions !!

Ted, you've foiled my plan! Just as I was to working out how to get those three bales of mary jane in my Corvette, you've shut me down. It is, in fact, the vehicle of choice for smuggling pot. Thanks you for your thoughtful insights. Alas, I see the light! I have changed my ways. Now I see that not wanting to ugly-up the front of my car with a state required metal plate with numbers on it just leads to harder crimes. I'm thinking that not displaying the front plate is kind of like a gateway crime.

This country needs more law enforcement officials like you. We need the kind of officers that respect the freedoms of the everyday, law-abiding citizens. We need officers, like you, that can differentiate an enthusiast from a criminal. We need officers that understand the importance of using common sense when welding the powers provided by the state government. We certainly don't need any power junkies wearing a badge. The people of Oregon must be proud!

We must display a front plate here in Melbourne.
Mine is located under the bumber, on a piano hinge so it rides up in the air flow when the car is moving, when stopped it hangs down.
;)....summer is comming !

Derek, I visited Melbourne way back in 1993. I don't remember seeing any Corvettes. Is the driver side on the left or right on your Corvette? By the way, I like you plate idea. Does it make a thump when it comes up?

front plate

We are suppose to run with a front plate in NJ, but I do not. Actually, I don't even know where the second plate is......

Oh, one more thing for all the anti-cop whiners out there. If you come to Oregon with no insurance or no valid driver's license, and you get stopped (for speeding, no front plate, 2-3 bales of marijuana in the rear trying to get to Seattle up I-5, etc.), plan on having your Corvette towed direct to the tow yard, no exceptions !!

Dont worry...since your state doesnt recognise handgun carry permits from other states theres not a chance I'd spend my $ there.

Guitared...well said sarcasm right back at'em!:thumb

We are suppose to run with a front plate in NJ, but I do not. Actually, I don't even know where the second plate is......

Man thats pretty dangerous in NewJermany! Maybe its where you live in the state. When I was in college up north and had CT tags I was harrassed seemingly once a month.
However, in retrospect EVERY time it was in towns like WestOrange and anything bordering Newark. I now am aware that they real reason they had waved me through their checkpoints was probably because I was white!:mad

Try tanning and see what happens!

I LIVE IN ARIZONA AND ARE REQUIRED TO RUN ONE PLATE, BUT WAS IN THE STATE OF WASHINGTON O COUPLE OF YEARS AGO AND WAS INVOLVED IN A MINOR FENDER BENDER (NOT MY FAULT) AND THE COP GAVE ME YOU KNOW WHAT ABOUT MY FRONT PLATE, I EXPLAINED TO HIM THAT AZ DOES NOT REQUIRE A FRONT PLATE THEREFORE THERE IS NO FRONT PLATE, HE DID NOT LIKE THAT RESPONSE BUT COULD NOT REALLY DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT SINCE I WAS NOT A WASHINGTON RESIDENT

here is the latest from Oregon:

HOLDING: (Opinion by Brewer C.J.) A license plate placed behind the
windshield of a vehicle does not comply with the statutory requirement
that it be placed on the "foremost" part of the vehicle.
So, having my front plate mounted behind the Corvette 'plug' up front is in compliance?
;LOL

I have my plate mounted under the front cover. If I am going a long distance I'll sometimes take it off (Mostly not) If I'm ever stopped I'll just try telling them I was in a hurry and forgot to take it off. ;shrug (Might work)
I've had the car two years and have never been stopped although I really don't drive it that much.
Someone across the street from where I work has a C-5 that he drives almost every day Spring to Fall and I have never seen the plate cover off of it.

front plates

While I applaud your enthusiasm in regards to drug dealers, I guess I fall into the anti-cop group. Must go back to the day when a trooper pulled me over outside of Medford 4 days after I returned from my first tour in Vietnam. I had an american flag displayed behind the front seats of my 57 ford ranch wagon. It had been flown at a forward fire base and I took it home with me. Got written up and then lectured by a redneck judge on how unamerican it was to do that. I have never liked nor trusted a cop since.

As to this subject, my daughter was just pulled over by a cop here in Salem for having a bra on the bonnet of one of my C-5s. The bra which is sold at chevy dealers all over the state including in Medford has a plastic cover over the plate. She got cited by this storm trooper for 803.540 which I found to be interesting as it only states " in plain view" for which there is no clear legal precedent in the state. If he tried writing her up for 803.550 which covers anything "over a plate" he could lose that one too if something is legally sold in the state.

I guess he was bored or had to hit quota for the month.

Don't have to worry about it in Kansas. Although they give you two when you order a vanity plate, the second one is pinned to the wall in my office.

As far as I know, Texas only requires the back plate so I have the cover on the front. Never been stopped.

I decided on my new 08 not to use front or rear plates .I'm a purist if it's not completely stock from GM I don't want it .Besides they charge for 'em and most are ugly .

I live in NY which requires a front plate but i haven't installed it because I bought the car with the filler plate in and I don't know how to remove it How do you remove it so I can install the front plate if I decide to?

I decided on my new 08 not to use front or rear plates .I'm a purist if it's not completely stock from GM I don't want it .Besides they charge for 'em and most are ugly .

Let me know how that works out for ya :rotfl

Grill kit

Where did you get the grill?

te=Black Bart;923036]Indiana don't require a plate on the front.
I removed the cover and Installed a grill it really helps to keep it cool in hot weather.

Duragloss010.jpg
[/quote]

I live in Maryland which requires front and rear plates. My Corvette was recently parked on a residential street and when I returned I had a $50 ticket under the wiper for no front plate. OUCH!

As far as I know, Texas only requires the back plate so I have the cover on the front. Never been stopped.

Texas does require both plates;shrug but I have never had one on the front either:thumb I think it depends on what area you are in as to how much it is enforced:)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom