Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Front Plate used?

Do you use a front plate?

• Yes I do

Votes: 146 31.7%
  • I'm a rebel, so nope

Votes: 204 44.3%
  • It's not required in my state

Votes: 111 24.1%

• Total voters
It is possible. I bought a flat plastic license plate protecter from a chain auto parts store and it works just fine with the surround that I just received. It was a little tight but it does fit and if you have to have a front plate it isn't a bad alternative.

Could you post a picture of how it looks. Thanks in advance for the trouble. Regards, Zig.

I don't mind running my front plate now that I've got my home painted, tricked out license bubble -

bubble-new.jpg

plate option

for all you guys who dont think the front plates look all that great on your C5 I've got an exellent solution to your dellima & it's only 35.00$ please e mail me at rigidy4u@yahoo.com for more info & pictures once you see this you'll think youre C5 looks better with the front plate on.

yea I live in texas also, front plate sucks!!! In lubbock texas, and the local law will pick and choose who they want to give that ticket too. It's $135.00 for that ticket. so to get around it I got a clear cover and smoke it from the inside with body color paint. looks great. cant tell from the side. but looking ahead you can see right thru it

No front plates for me

I was just curious how many people put the front plate on their car and how many chose to forgo it and just run the risk. If your lucky enough to live in a state where its not required then your choice is simple. I think I'm just gonna roll the dice and keep it off but I was curious.

I stopped using front plates in 1997 on a Grand Prix. No front plate on my Acura TL-S or C5. Never been stopped for this violation. In fact I can't recall the last time I saw a front plate on a Vett. And yes they are the highly reflective item that the PDs use to bounce their lazers off of.

I stopped using front plates in 1997 on a Grand Prix. No front plate on my Acura TL-S or C5. Never been stopped for this violation. In fact I can't recall the last time I saw a front plate on a Vett. And yes they are the highly reflective item that the PDs use to bounce their lazers off of.
Same with me ,hell I haven't registered it for three years.;LOL

The Full Monty

No front plate used and here's what's on the back.
Remo:cool

attachment.php

2003889437856052509_rs.jpg

Though I'd chime in on this. I used to have my vehicles regerstered at my other house in VA (where tinting is illegal and a front plate is reguired) just to save on taxes. In my C6 once I got pulled over and the cop said he just wanted to look at the car (when it was new). He gave me a $25 ticket for window tint (although thats usually reserved for kids in ricers late at night). I had the front tag on the dash which is legal but he suggested I put it on the floor before I had an accident and somebody got decapitated!!!

They since had a forgivness period one summer in WV so people like me would register our cars there. We don't even have emissions check here. AND GREAT ROADS! WV ROCS!

It's using the front plate or a $250 fine.

I'm glad Kansas doesn't use front plates!

I received a friendly warning last time I passed through the border patrol checkpoint in south Texas. They scan your plate as you pass through. I'll be placing mine on the front of my c6...besides I kinda like the info on my plates.

front plate

Here in the Lone Star State you are required to have a front plate. Some people get tickets some don`t,it depends on the officer. It`s like Dirty Harry (Do you feel lucky) :L

rhpf6v.jpg

Arizona is a one plate state but I have my vanity plates on both front and rear....it looks right at home in the nose end

100_0028.jpg

Last edited:
Where cani purchase a matching plate cover for my car ?
I dont need front plates where I live but I bought the car from texas and they do, i'd like to completely cover that plate area up and make the bumper look more smooth.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom