Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Fuel Pressure

C

C4 Guam

Need some help on fuel injection pressure. Just about ready to stick my engine back in the car and need to understand a good fuel pressure setting to start from. Engine specs are: 350 CID, std. bore, 10.5/1 compression, aftermarket intake runners and plenum, stock cam retarded 4 degrees, ported heads, stock throttle body.

I think stock TPI calls for somewhere betwwen 40-46psi. I believe that's a good base to start from and then, you can move up from there, if neccessary.

BTW, welcome to the CACC. :D

--Bullitt

I replaced the fuel pressure regulator on my '87 with an adjustable unit and was able to get eight horsepower out of an otherwise stock engine. With a pressure gauge connected I was reading 36 p.s.i. with the stock regulator and dialed it up to 43 p.s.i. with the new one. I've heard that you don't want to dial it past 45-46 p.s.i. because you could run into vapor lock problems in warm weather since the fuel rails won't be able to efficiently purge the system if it's under too much pressure. Cost was $80.00 w/ gaskets and tool from TPiSpecialties and well worth the price.

When putting in the Mini Ram from TPiS they suggest to start from 47 Psi then work around it that way.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom