Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Fuse Box location

eoseitz

Corvette
1974 Stingray L82
I know this is a completely newbie question, but I am stumped. I cannot find the fuse box in my '74 corvette anywhere. I've noticed the the courtesy lights in the glove box and the dome light when I open the door aren't coming on. I looked under the drivers side dash to the left of the steering column. There isn't anything there. I checked the battery compartment in the back and under the hood. I know it's not under the passenger side, because I tore it completely off to change the heater core. All my dash lights work. Am I going crazy or has somebody removed the fuse block?

Up under the dash above your left foot when sitting in the driver's seat. A flashlight will help.

:)

how far up in the dash will it be? I've put my hand up in there and don't feel any fuse box. Just the heater ducts. I feel a wiring harness. Maybe I'll follow that and see where it leads. It has to connect to fuses somewhere. :upthumbs

It shouldn't be that hard to see. It's on the firewall above the dimmer switch. If you cant see while kneeling on the ground and looking under the dash it might be hidden by oversized replacement carpeting or a torn up firewall blanket.

It's there unless someone relocated it, which I doubt, but wouldn't bet on after all these years of restoring old cars.

If you take the tops off, lay down with your head on the floor and your feet sticking out of the top and look up and to the right you'll see it.

j/k

It's supposed to be on the firewall inside- look under the hood outboard and below the brake booster- there's a square plug with a bunch of wires- that's the front side of the fuse block- that will give you an idea of where to look inside.

It was up there, but the carpet had somehow got pushed up around it. Wow, I'm not used to seeing glass fuses in a car. I was expecting the two prong plastic type. Does anyone have a diagram that shows what the fuses are for?

1975 Stingray Owner's Manual

They're marked on the fuse block, but can be a little difficult to see. There is usually a picture or schematic in the owner's manual.

:)
I do not have an owner's manual. Where can I get one?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom