Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

News: Gail's first week in the paint shop

Looks like a very nice job on the paint!!!!
Don't you just feel like a kid on x-mas morning waiting to take her home????:thumb:thumb

Looks like a very nice job on the paint!!!!
Don't you just feel like a kid on x-mas morning waiting to take her home????:thumb:thumb

Bill,

I stopped by yesterday, and they have really done nothing to the Vette except placing her out in the sun (we finally had some drier days since Wednesday).

y1p76zH3AaCs8zu3PsLYuTvLqLJQMiw0nmAjrHglYRmws6DasOTS5cQxkZQe26FaPAv

However, I selected thinner-styled pin stripes yesterday, and they will start painting the trim pieces on Monday and installing them. They will also begin the pin striping as well. It looks like she will be ready by Tuesday evening!:upthumbs

I asked them to let me know with time, so that I can take a ride to work and pick Gail up either on Tuesday or Wednesday morning. :thumb

GerryLP:cool

Gerry, paint looks awesome! Your painter really knows his business. I especially liked the way he urged you to come take pictures during the process.

SAVE the gosh darn :w

Gail will be home on Wednesday!!!!:upthumbs:thumb:W

She's got her jewelry and accessories. She's ready to party!

y1pGXlShyIIBcyVbDShIbIMv85QL_UL-AheeCSlkqlaE-MC76D2qJcYpXPdq_jzZltI

Rocker panels and trim have been re-coated with flat black paint

y1pSur5V2O-u39N8KcuNdJIFeyeOTzJjw5GxPrsfzcL81llKSpnKgyz90OBJZFTebo2

Check-out her NOS L81 front emblem!!!

y1pQtfVMGRUz17c-_Ns1Jsf9XpnIiXwW_WJAAl5I2vtNa50Y5ZbEizB32FtRdp55cG9

Check out the handle bars...;LOL...hummmm...a Vette with a Vet license plate...:beer

y1pOyFf5nXhG2jc2rB46xOV2Khy9s5o31C88yiolq0_fYXCu0s1KNixep-ZF3ypFhx1

y1pbMD7e2Zb00HSTc8-YxA_1H3tCDaNFnIbS4QU6fPZuCnnWadQDXYC7Xec4ON7QVLH

Thank you all for the encouragement, suggestions, ideas, counterpoint, perspectives, and plain honesty. :upthumbs

Congratulations! Gail looks great Gerry. :thumb I like the look of the flat black rocker panels over chromed ones. I look forward to seeing her in person at CF09! :beer
Jason

Gerrry, I have a question for either you or the painter. I was looking at my car and wondering what steps I would take for preparation if I was going to re-paint the car. It seems to me that I would remove the front and rear bumpers and paint them separately from the body. I think I would also do that for the side mirrors. Do you know why they left these parts all together on the car and painted it that way? I would think that if you ever had to remove one of these parts now for some reason, it would mess the paint job up because the paint was applied in such a way that the paint is acting like a glue between the parts. Just curious. The car looks fantastic!

Gerrry, I have a question for either you or the painter. I was looking at my car and wondering what steps I would take for preparation if I was going to re-paint the car. It seems to me that I would remove the front and rear bumpers and paint them separately from the body. I think I would also do that for the side mirrors. Do you know why they left these parts all together on the car and painted it that way? I would think that if you ever had to remove one of these parts now for some reason, it would mess the paint job up because the paint was applied in such a way that the paint is acting like a glue between the parts. Just curious. The car looks fantastic!

Jeff,

Early on in this thread we discussed some of those questions, but the bottom line is that if you want an NCRS competition paint job or any other car show competition quality, then I would definitively agree that one needs to remove off the vehicle as much as possible before painting.:thumb

The thing that one have to realize when looking at my Vette is the $2,650 dollars paint job.

Gerry,
What an outstanding paint job for the price!!! The cost of that much work, stripping and finishing cost that much back in the 80's when I had a body shop myself. You have done a great job with pictures detailing the progress for everyone. I just bought my first vette and would take it to your guy in a heartbeat for paint. Congrats on one fine looking car!
Fred

Gerry, your Vette looks awesome!

Show us some pics when she starts to walk around the neighborhood! :D

SAVE THE :w

Gerry,
What an outstanding paint job for the price!!! The cost of that much work, stripping and finishing cost that much back in the 80's when I had a body shop myself. You have done a great job with pictures detailing the progress for everyone. I just bought my first vette and would take it to your guy in a heartbeat for paint. Congrats on one fine looking car!
Fred

Well Fred, do you have family down here? Perhaps you could come down and visit them and drop-off the Vette. Kill two birds with one stone!:thumb Plus, you can ask your family member to stop by from time-to-time, and get images/updates. :upthumbs

The best thing about this whole affair was the peace of mind I experienced knowing that Bill Sr. and Bill Jr. are such knowledgeable people about Corvettes. Additionally, as testimony for their work, you should know that a co-worker of mine who now hangs around at the O-6 Level above me in supervision (detail-oriented, former 3-Corvette owner -good guy, knows where he came from) took his 1960's Scout frame-off project body to them for painting the body.

Gerry, your Vette looks awesome!

Show us some pics when she starts to walk around the neighborhood! :D

SAVE THE :w

Will do!

I'll perhaps start a new thread...;shrug This one has broken the 3,000 views mark :L;LOL:rotfl...not too shaby...I have been thinking of a place locally where I can take Gail and snap some images with an awesome background...:thumb

Will do!

I'll perhaps start a new thread...;shrug This one has broken the 3,000 views mark :L;LOL:rotfl...not too shaby...I have been thinking of a place locally where I can take Gail and snap some images with an awesome background...:thumb

That's gotta be a tough assigment :boogie

Bud

Gerry,
No family there, but I travel thru one or twice a year going to Phx area. I'm going to haul a 39 Chevy to El Paso the end of August and come back with a Iroc for a friend. It would be great to stop and see his operation. I'm not going to repaint the new one yet.
He will probably get some business from this thread! Will be in touch later.
Fred

Congratulations! Gail looks great Gerry. :thumb I like the look of the flat black rocker panels over chromed ones. I look forward to seeing her in person at CF09! :beer
Jason

That will be great, Jason! Bimmer or anything else, will be great to see you again and hang out.:thumb

That's gotta be a tough assigment :boogie

Bud

Bud, you are right! Jemez Springs is guaranteed to have several nice spots. Perhaps I'll have to take that drive...oh darn...:eyerole;LOL

Gerry,
No family there, but I travel thru one or twice a year going to Phx area. I'm going to haul a 39 Chevy to El Paso the end of August and come back with a Iroc for a friend. It would be great to stop and see his operation. I'm not going to repaint the new one yet.
He will probably get some business from this thread! Will be in touch later.
Fred

SUre thing, Fred.

Let me know, and I'll P.M. you my cell phone number.:upthumbs

She looks great Gerry.
Like the others say, some more pictures would even be better! :D
When I look at the picture were you can see your door and front body panel I'm amazed to see the door fits perfect that is something I see much! Good luck with your vette and be proud of her :)

Groeten Peter

Congratulations, Gerry! That is one sweet looking ride! :upthumbs Thank you so much for sharing the experience with us! :w

Stew

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom