Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

News: Gail's first week in the paint shop

;LOL Gerry... patience Young (Middleaged) Jedi ...

Gail will require a date with some wet power buffing to give her that finished Look ;) .. don't be too surprise if she has a little orange peal, and doesn't have that walk into shine when you see her fresh out of the paint booth ;)

It's kind of like a new born, every notice how much a new born and an OLD OLD person look alike ;) it takes a few steps inbetween to look GOOD ;)

These boys at the shop have not let ya down yet, and I doubt they are willing to start now ;) Gail will be the Prom Queen before she graces your garage :dance ... I settle for the 2nd :dance ;) I figure you two will need a few days alone first :boogie

:upthumbs my boy :thumb you done good :thumb

Bud & Rare :w

9:00am MDT...that's 11:00am EDT...I'll be waiting. Exciting stuff, man!

Well,

I got the call around 17:20 (5:20 P.M.). She's painted!!!! I fought every urge to jump into my commuter car and go see her, but my common sense took over and called me an idiot...:mad....;LOL...That traffic would be catalyst for a plethora of flowery and colorful epitaphs expressing my opinion on someone's driving, so I kept my cool:W....after a while :upthumbs

Bill told me that he needs to move Gail out of the painting booth by 08:30 tomorrow morning, so I promised to be there by 0700 sharp :pat.

I will post her fresh-out-of-paint-booth pictures first thing after I get them!!!

GerryLP:cool

p.s. Thanks Bud! You are wise beyond your years, master...:beer

Congrats Gerry! I'm looking forward to seeing pics of a fully dressed Gail. :thumb I'm sure she'll be worth the wait.

Jason

Jason, Jim,

Looking good will be the easy part. You remember how she was looking in Colorado...!!??

y1peDcs28TkI4k6Mr0sdL-l4KNZclZg_fGmCkB5--UA29PYdjEvVohq6J565f9lK4HS

She doesn't look as bad in this one image, but that's because beauties sometimes look good in worn and torn jeans...:L

y1ppH6zP3vfnOMCTQiELCO3ZUtlVUpQ7m915mS7123mDEEiaZ66vqgZW0N4GTmRb4MS

Talk to you all soon!

Here she comes to brighten my days!!!!!!

Drum roll, please......:eyerole

Here is my beloved "Gail" modeling her new dress!!!

y1p16duGTuOSbV4n47gdrYPvLmkgDjttvOLvzgXWSqisIrifk6d4bd1oM_brU_K62cT

YEP! I SAID "WOOHOO!" ....

y1p44ytnQLPQ0TP1dUQhQiJdpzzJTV3Os5R57pEAVMyjoVwXwtTP5elIZ9p3nvt12PU

JACKPOT!!!!!!

y1pz_ZL_qjc9jPtBmdNBjJSnK1qvtWE-7jse-uzsbgAZ_9LltWcs7j80BqbsTz957Jq

Right-rear profile...

y1p4BpcV0GmvBS_gWEu6RAEbatNiNum9OuuTVtnaUxkI1vHkzpy3EFoEs4NpHTe8DiJ

The paint booth walls didn't allowed me to fit the whole Vette from this angle...

y1pCTaQj4lQz4uVp_xxYqb3s-3CwEulNgsWxx2pV2LJzawy02mf2g1gJ0nHUV-VNbVH

"Beautiful baby...now turn this way...click, click" :L

y1p66RrJUDy7OhUR6sUMXsASYqsxilnZQsr1FAoCe6QgIq-MOAaM0YKpANn2geuFfZL

Here is Bill junior...a very knowledgeable person and attentive...very professional and personable manager of the shop...

y1pDphFiN6LWAfOF1DNIekeB_etR1-24uNBNe8xGj8Br3F4WE40P8jndLloYrefbb4x

"Raise your chin, honey....click, click" ;LOL

y1pncsCBUmQGCMsKZE4VmfJLp2yHngmyEGzB-RAZc58RiKhUx8BIKDRJXJ1LqXo3aI_

Removing the masking...

y1ptrT1YgyvcaPEAggo5R87ppH3XnplGrbrDIVZFMLkWiE3-jLo1ZFlmojhKnELEhG6

Baby got back!!!

y1p2ykhi3eKJaOxb1wAlZjeONSlxM8RA4Udr6NuA8_fgSpEbPbgBrzNyMA1I6tjY3BH

Getting ready to get her out of the booth...

y1pt5hJFtDK25utM0OdSAz1WNXJAfXt9f6XqcDLERPFuCimCpkMglcakIc4Y9NucC3E

Backing-out of the booth...

y1peO5lSNfHlwD12m5K8HPRS_1qxNvbuJmN_VT1MCSCuNuaglZwv2BrpQgjt-Wcl45J

y1p88725NO6xZ8WQ_sHMEXujT1CvfE9KSG1UbXipUtLvii72j7W8a616q86Tj4693Kf

Under a cloudy, but fresh morning sun light...

y1pYkA8No6kXK8DEtn_nRFZwD0_WGRe_yoGJMjV2aLliap3-N-JyV-8EgcToBkxDEpk

y1pgVHf6z5qQd_lQXWr6qG9tO-7FPAfAQOrpMK_ndjxdC_gVk8ah9eGI4OHqOm1Rd7u

y1pDYs1DQsVZ_aMYmAT73oMPmQHFp_Z0dWRkZHN-p_Yf20YXu32tFSbQLoXVnvrXYt9

The engine still in fast idle here, but it started right-up, and she seems in good spirits...:thumb

y1p3TtKNCDEn0j3TWKbQ_0M-OHsK8UpYw6AMP3xbewXebLhr3SID_wRpjgyz5VhkVR5

y1p8VPcxOMWUQsS_s1mt5emMZ1RiE8GoDVhXpPIEcpI3eVm5FXXsHtsSu5DT2ZjBqOH

I will post one more set of pictures, when the Vette gets the trim and pin stripes installed. :thumb

Makes me want to hit the road for Rio Rancho with Eleanor and get her a new dress. Congrats Gerry!

I'll get the bug to hit the road soon, and perhaps stop by Bud's house to celebrate Gail's return!!!! :thumb

Bud, tell Sophie I will be back soon...:L;LOL:rotfl

Why.....she's GORGEOUS!! :cry sniff! Sorry, I got a little something in my eye. ;) Congratulations, Gerry!

Stew

Almost looks Medium Spiral Gray!:upthumbs

Jim,

I know what you mean. The same thought crossed my mind, but I have seen Gail with faded paint for nearly 15 years, so looking at the new paint job it almost appears a different color.

When I asked Bill how he went about to get the factory color, he told me that he has access to a database which contains the color formula by Vin#. He entered Gail's Vin number, and out the computer came out this formula which contained the exact amount of tint and specific color used to make that color. He then showed me his paint mixing room in which he has a wall sized machine like rack where they put all the different color bases from which to draw. He even showed me the print-out for Gail's color, and I plan to ask him for a copy for my records.

If you look at post #87 here, that image of the Vette's rear-left panel represents the color of her finish for nearly 27 years. That's 27 years with sun beating down on the surface. Also, the original paint used in St. Louis was much more different than the paint used in Bowling Green. The paint job she got, is closer in type to the paint used at Bowling Green. So perhaps we're seeing that as well.;shrug I would be curious to compare what it looks like to a very low mileage L81 in Charcoal Gray. Not that it would matter much though. She's got her new dress!:L

It is like Levi's jeans! One never gets the same...;LOL

looking sick! i've been watching this thread for a while now, just wondering what the plan is for the t-tops.

looking sick! i've been watching this thread for a while now, just wondering what the plan is for the t-tops.

Thanks!,

But ????;shrug do you mean? ...The driver side T-Top has been cracked since 1985 (no leaks), but replacing it will probably climb in priority as Gail gets close to done. This is one item I had planned to take care at the very end...:thumb

Congratulations on the paintjob Gerry.

Very nice to see that Gail has got her new shiny dress! I see you're very happy with the outcome so now it's time for the fun part.. DRIVING!
Good luck to you :)

Groeten Peter

Thanks Peter and everyone.

I will stop by this Friday by the shop and see Gail's progress. After all that time, I accumulated a ton of "stuff" on the garage spot where Gail parks. I have begun clearing her bed...:L

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom