Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Garage Update

supernatural400

Corvette
1993 SuperNatural 400 #5 /99 LS1 Z28 N2O equipped
Ron
Boy am I jealous! Your own little world to escape to. My garage is about to fall down and I can't even fit one car in it, do to all the junk in it. :cry I'm hopefully going to rebuild mine next summer.:Twist

Awesome garage.

I just built mine last winter but it's not anywhere as neat as yours.

Craig:beer

Looks great...

Very nice. That is one big area to heat..do you have air also?? We just finished ours, but it is only a 2 car, it would be real nice to have more room. I insulated and used T-111 paneling on walls and ceiling, looks real good. I did put down a great black and white tile floor, the highlight of the whole garage. I wish I had as much work area as you.

Wow, your garage is the greatest garage to probally ever exist! lots of space, posters, and a vette! I wish i had your garage :cool

Thanks,

The pictures only show the second floor, there is also a another floor on top ,that I do all of my woodworking and ammo reloading at, and also a basement that I keep a 84 z that I'm currently thinking of restoring. So fat the second is the only one that insulated and heated. the third is partially heated and drywalled but the celing still needs to be done up there. I don't know how I'm ever going to do the basement level. you see the building it self is 100 years old. I spent today going through the basement and filling in where every I could with fiberglass and foam insulation , it should stop lots of cold air from coming in. not sure if you can see from any of the pictures, but the third level covers about half of second, just about two bays worth, that why I had to insulate the ceeiling on the second at there is roof above it. I did go out and by and electric blanket for those days this winter when I'm out there and want to nap a little, wish I had a bathroom but at least there a coffe maker and a fridge with a nice cold bottle of jack daniels in it:beer

Supernat- Nice setup indeed!! I would like to heat my garage all through winter,keep the cars nice and warm. For now though I rely on a portable 40000 btu propane heater when I want to work on the cars. I'd like to pull the vette in and park it right in the living room!!

Dave

Heater

What type of heater is that, hot air I'm guessing but what fuel and how many BTU? I'm only going with a 12 x 28, so far it looks like I'm going with hot air oil fired, but I'm not sure of what size I need yet. I'm using fiberglass insulation and sheetrock after I get it wired. Don't even have it yet, but I DO have LOTS of plans for it.

the heater is a Modine hot dawg, 75000 btu propane heater. I have a 120 gallon tank outside the garage.

Here's couple fron the back taken last year, the carport is now totally screened in for my wife to do her planting stuff.

the three windows you see on the back is where the other pictures were taken, basically second floor

back1

back2

I looked into a big AC unit that uses cold water, but a little pricey at 2 grand, so I think this summer it's going to be a 45000 btu 220 volt window unit

Ron,

Fantastic shop. I remember you talking about the second floor before. I wish I could have put on a second floor for storage and an office area. Can you close off your office if you want to sand or spray paint?

How do you like your Hot Dawg heater? I was looking into those once. I had a brochure that I gave to a contractor to get me an estimate. He was to find the distributor and get back to me with the price. I bugged him for 3 months and never got an answer or my brochure back. I finally gave up. Found out later from a friend that he put up a Hot Dawg in his shop. Glad I could be of help to him.:eyerole

Anyway a local contractor got a great deal on some furnaces from a dealer that was going out of business so he installed a 93% pulse furnace with 6 overhead registers for me. I have 2 ft. of blown in insulation overhead so it doesn't take much to keep it comfy even on the coldest nights.

Here's a few pics of my garage. It is attached to the 24x24 garage on the house. Goes out 12 ft and then takes an angle. I ended up with 36' of front wall and about 54' of back wall; 24' deep. Gives me a nice triangular work area for the '59. Excuse the mess. I'm on vacation for a couple weeks and have been sawing. cutting, carrying, sorting, fixing; almost everything except working on the Corvette or truck. I did have some truck parts arrive yesterday. Maybe when Chris isn't looking.....but she's on vacation too.:(

Anyone else have garage pictures? BTW The M22 on the floor is not attached to the furnace. :L

Tom

Another garage pic.

Another one.

Next to last.

Last one

Ron,

How do you get all of your pics on one post? I'm attaching mine off of a floppy and the browser will only accept one at a time.

Tom

I have some huge tarps that I can run across in front of the cars to do that type of work if I have too, but generally only light stuff is done there. I moved most of the heavy stuff, engine hoist and stand down to the basement level as the floor there is concrete. the floor where the cars are stored is wood with 3.. 8x16 rubber mats, one for each bay to do small stuff that won't make too much of a mess. Since i don't really do painting on cars I not set up fo things like that, I would rather farm that work out to someone who knows what there doing. I moved my other "Z" down stairs so when I pull the engine and tranny and do sanding on it it won't hurt too mnay things since the floor can handle it. A friend brought his 70 LT1 over so I could weld his muffler pipe back on and I did that out in the drive way, don't want to ruin those mats with hot sparks. If it was winter I probably would have just taken one of the mats up . the modine works great so far, but it's only been in the mid 30's, so I'll have to wait until december/january time frame to really see how it functions. It runs about 10-12 min every hour to keep the garage at a constant 60 degrees. I,m going to try and hook a meter up to it so I can tell how often it runs in a 24 hour period to be able to calculate fuel cost

Re: Last one

Tom Bryant said:
Ron,

How do you get all of your pics on one post? I'm attaching mine off of a floppy and the browser will only accept one at a time.

Tom

I store mine on my web site and ref that, look at the http button at the top. the first line is the title of the picture you want then another box pops up with the URL of where the picture is

Nice big shop, looks like you plenty of room for cars and to move around in:beer

I managed to find material for the curtains that have corvettes on them, so thanks to my wife for making them:w :beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom