Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Garage Update

Re: Re: Last one

supernatural400 said:
I store mine on my web site and ref that, look at the http button at the top. the first line is the title of the picture you want then another box pops up with the URL of where the picture is

I thought that might be it. I need to get a new web site host. The one I have won't allow linking to pictures. :mad

supernatural400 said:
Nice big shop, looks like you plenty of room for cars and to move around in:beer

Thanks. You know that the basement is still full. Never have enough room. Of course you know what the wife says. Room isn't the problem. Junk is the problem. I tell her that junk is something you throw away and then need next week.

My new garage is 2600 sq.ft. (60'x 44'), with R-28 in the walls, R-58 in the ceiling, two 18'x 8' 1-3/4" thick insulated sectional doors, and the floor was poured over 1-1/2"-thick high-density closed-cell foam sheets with heavy foil on both sides to insulate it and stop moisture migration, and then sealed with two poured coats of 2-part industrial epoxy resin. It's nice and tight, and I heat it in our (cold) winter with an overhead-mounted Reznor 125,000-BTU gas forced-air unit heater; it's power-vented and has electronic ignition so there's no open pilot flame; if I'm working with flammables, I just turn the switch off so it won't cycle. I don't leave the heat on all the time; I turn it on in the morning, and it takes about 45 minutes to bring the garage from 50-55 up to 75 - for the rest of the day and evening I cycle it about every three hours for about ten minutes to bring it back up to 75, and it's shut off from about 10:00 PM until 8:00 AM the next morning - garage never goes below 50 degrees, even if it's in the single digits outside. Here's a photo of the Reznor unit:

Nice garage, Heater looks pretty good.
I keep mine on all the time, it cycles about every 50 minutes for 10 minutes to maintain 63 degrees, I don't want it to get that cold. I'm out there alot and having plants and such I want to make sure it does not freeze. I should be getting another 75,000 btu unit on the third floor by the end of winter as soon as I finish insulating up there

Looks great John. I think back on all of the jobs I did in unheated garages with just a small space heater. Sometimes I go out there in shorts and t shirt and turn up the heat just because I can. :L

Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom