Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Gas mileage

im getting roughly 12 mpg, but that is almost exclusively city:)

16.4mpg... combination of city and highway. And that's with my foot in the carb half the time.

I was only getting 15 or so, until I properly tuned it up. Now I have more power and better gas mileage. Win-win :)

Joe

Almost 20!

I was averaging about 19...until I had the chambered exhaust installed. Now I can't keep my foot out of it (I love to hear it roar!) and my mpg suffers. I imagine I probably get about 14-16mpg now.
Heidi

Took the 73 L82 auto on a 2K mile trip, averaged 12.9. Took the 73 LS4 4-speed on the same route and averaged 13.0 mpg. :( Same trip with my 90 L98 auto got 27 mpg :)

tom...

I actually managed 23.3 once on a long leg to upstate NY. On a recent trip to Atlanta I got 21.1. Just tooling around the neighborhood... maybe 15-16mpg. It's not a bad deal as long as like Heidi said...... if I can keep my foot out of it.

............... Nut

I usually get 14-16MPG combo of city and highway driving. Suprises me since I have a somewhat heavy foot.

Gas milage? 29.4 mpg highway, and about 24 mpg overall.

(2003 convertible with automatic - sorry I couldn't resist. These C5s just don't look like economy cars.)

My 1980 L48 on the other hand ......

MaineShark said:
16.4mpg... combination of city and highway. And that's with my foot in the carb half the time.

I was only getting 15 or so, until I properly tuned it up. Now I have more power and better gas mileage. Win-win :)

Joe

I'm happy to see 12mpg

Fill it up

True Duals said:
I'm happy to see 12mpg
I don't care, I just fill it up when it's nearly empty!
Why would you care in an old car what gas mileage you get anyway
unless it's the only car you have.

MaineShark said:

Joe
What kind of tune-up did you do to get these benefits? Timing? New plugs? New wires? What exactly did you do?

Average about 16 mpg at 75 plus in the 3300rpm range, but who really cares as long you can go for a pack of smokes on less than a tank. Don't you just love the opening of a new bridge so you can be the first to stripe it.

My '82 got 23+ (highway) with the OEM 2.87 gears:
with 3.73s, it has gotten 17+ in 'mixed' driving conditions.

My '79 Z28 takes more than a gallon per 1/4-mile sprint.....
:D

The drivers information center says that I'm getting right at 25 over the last 3-4000 miles. LT4 6 speed coupe, all stock, very little town driving but going 80 in Nebraska and South Dakota, 75 in Minnesota, and 70 in Iowa.

I would like to go to FI for the power and the mpg but I don't really go for the complexity of the system, and I do like the carburetor look and feel. Kind of a tough choice...

Stallion said:
What kind of tune-up did you do to get these benefits? Timing? New plugs? New wires? What exactly did you do?

I had it at John's Corvette Service having the window regulator replaced, and asked him to check over the carb and timing at the same time. I think all he found that needed fixing was the vacuum advance on the distributor, but it was like a whole different car, afterward!

Joe

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom