Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! gauges in C6

sjrenrew

Corvette
2009 Coupe
;shrug Is there a way to turn gauges (gas) on while engine is off - re: while re-fueling?

I think you posted in the wrong part of the forums... You should try to get this moved to the C6 section...:cool

SJRenrew,
The only way I'm aware of to have your gas gauge on while refueling would be to do so with the engine running- and I wouldn't recommend that.

:)
-Patrick

Does pushing and holding the bottom of the 'start' button activate the fuel gauge along with the rest of the stuff on the dash? Can't remember.

Tuna,
I think all that does is turn on accessory power to the radio. I don't think that turns on the gauges.

Tuna,
I think all that does is turn on accessory power to the radio. I don't think that turns on the gauges.

If you press it for a short time, that is true but it you press and hold it, it activates just about everything on the dash - I've used this mode to adjust "Options" setting without having to start the motor. I just don't have my car with me today to check it out.

If you press it for a short time, that is true but it you press and hold it, it activates just about everything on the dash - I've used this mode to adjust "Options" setting without having to start the motor. I just don't have my car with me today to check it out.

Does it? I'll have to try that.

Thanks!

Thanks for the tips I'll give them a try - I knew there would be some clever folks out there that would figure it out. :beer

I checked it this morning. Pressing and holding the bottom side (Acc) of the START button for 5 seconds activates the dash as if you started the engine but no engine start. The gas gauge was reading correctly.

Push the bottom of the button again to shut everything down.

I checked the owner's manual for my '08 and it does not mention this feature anywhere that I could fine but I remember reading it somewhere. I'll check the '06 manual this weekend and see if it's there.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom