Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! General Information

TonyT

Corvette
2006 C6 - Monterey Red
I purchased my C6 new in July, 2006 and it now has 78,000 miles on it. Except for annual oil changes, two sets of tires, cabin and air filter changes the vehicle has not received any other maintenance. I am pondering whether or not to have the coolant changed, plugs replaced, transmission fluid drained and changed (6 speed) and the rear fluid drained and changed. Is there anything else I should be considering? The harmonic balancer was replaced 5 years ago and I replaced the hood and hatch struts in the past year.

I purchased my C6 new in July, 2006 and it now has 78,000 miles on it. Except for annual oil changes, two sets of tires, cabin and air filter changes the vehicle has not received any other maintenance. I am pondering whether or not to have the coolant changed, plugs replaced, transmission fluid drained and changed (6 speed) and the rear fluid drained and changed. Is there anything else I should be considering? The harmonic balancer was replaced 5 years ago and I replaced the hood and hatch struts in the past year.
Yes you should do all of the above. The owner's manual states coolant needs to be replaced every 5 years or 150k miles, whichever comes first. You missed that by a long shot. It's bad for the cooling system & head gaskets. Plugs are good for 100k, but I would replace them along with ignition wires. Power steering fluid & clutch fluid should be flushed. I have a remote clutch bleeder line. If you don't, just do it the Ranger way.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom