Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

GMPartsDirect.com pricing and shipping

8kgold69

Corvette
1969 R.Gold CV. Original 8K miles. Pilot 1970 LT1
I recently went to GMPartsDirect.com site to order some parts. As I was finishing the order and clicked on checking out I notice the shipping cost was a little excessive. $64.40 for 3 small parts. The parts were, 1 key fob, 1 set of wheel locks and a plastic sensor that weights about 7 oz. They claim that their prices are lower than the dealer wholesale. That maybe until you pay the shipping cost, then it brings the price ABOVE dealer wholesale. Example: 1998 Corvette steering sensor from the dealer; list is $330, my cost is $236. GMpartsdirect cost is $198 + $43.30 shipping for a total of $241.30. If you order multiple parts, they DO NOT combine shipping cost. Each part has its own shipping cost and you pay that cost per part, but then they pack all the parts in one(1) box and send it ground which is a cheap way to ship. I wonder if this is legal with the United States Federal Trade Commission(FTC).
I sent a email to requesting an explanation why they do NOT DO combine shipping. Obviously it was a particle political answer that beat around the bush.
I would check with other vendors on pricing and combine shipping and compare.

One of the problems with GM Parts Direct is their practice of charging very high shipping/handling on small purchases.

Have you tried calling Tom Henry Racing? I buy parts from them. Sometimes I find their price is actually better than GM Parts Direct once you consider shipping. Interestingly, Tom Henry Racing doesn't do ordering on-line, but I kinda like that. You can call them, talk to their parts guys and place the order and still get a reasonably competitive price.

For more info: -ChevroletTom Henry Racing - THR - high-performance Chevrolet sales service parts

Tell these places to use USPS Priority Flat Rate shipping. You get it in 2 to 3 days and the price is great for small items. 12" x 12" x 5 1/2" box for 13.95 anywhere in the USA

Priority Mail Medium Flat Rate Box (FRB1) $10.35 11" x 8-1/2" x 5-1/2"
Priority Mail Medium Flat Rate Box (FRB2) $10.35 13-5/8" x 11-7/8" x 3-3/8"
Priority Mail Large Flat Rate Box (Domestic Addresses) $13.95 12" x 12" x 5-1/2"
Priority Mail Large Flat Rate Box (APO/FPO Destinations) $11.95 12" x 12" x 5-1/2"

Shipping charges are the reason most folks only use GMPD only once. Ya gotta be careful these days.

Shipping charges are the reason most folks only use GMPD only once. Ya gotta be careful these days.
Yep, and they are FLOW Chevrolet in NC.
There are other dealers and vendors here that can help just as well with prices and shipping.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom