Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

GMs 2nd try at the 50th Anniversary Corvette.

R

Rick Daniel

Dsc03202.jpg

What do you think? :)

http://www.chazcone.com/50th/

I personally like it, but the shape of the tail light reminds me of a siren on its side. Those could have been shaped better. I especially like the chrome touch.

Do you have any other pics of the front/inside??

Aftermarket Body

I personally like it! I don't generally like the "retro" styling thing !!

You better be careful though... there are folks who may actually believe that this really is a GM thing!

Since I first saw images of this car quite some time ago I've always thought that this is what GM SHOULD have done to begin with. The 1953 ZO6 on their web site I haven't seen before, but that is also really something spectaculr! If I had the money to drop on a 50th Anny, the first place it would go to off the delivery truck would be the body shop for this conversion!
Its just plain pretty!:j

Hate the rear end. Totally incompatible with the rest of the car.

tooooooooooooo much red in the interior.

tooooooooooooo much red in the interior

I agree with the too much red. Thanks for the link to the pics. Money permitting, I would buy it.

For those of you that hate it, all I have to say is, reserve judgement till you actually see it in person. It's pretty cool IMHO.

Also, just so that there isn't any confusion, this car is not officially from GM. It is from an aftermarket company which you can find here:

http://www.aatcars.com/

Listen to what Rob is saying! I had seen pics and thought it was an okay idea then I saw it at Carlisle and my jaw hit the ground. The car is absolutely drop-dead, tounge-wagging, heart-pounding beautiful. The fact that they preserve the 53 exhaust tip look through the body as a backup lamp just blew my mind.

Me likes!

- Eric:w

The car is absolutily a knockout and shoould have been the special 50th. I would like to see bullet tail lights though.

I think most of us were a bit disappointed in the much anticipated 50th anniversary Corvette! Although I didn't know what to expect, it certainly was more than what ultimately emerged. We saw this specially made Corvette in Carlisle...it was absolutely spectacular!! It may not suit everyone's taste, but I think it would have been so appropriate for the 50th anniversary option!! Unbelievably beautiful...and so fitting!

GS Diva aka Elaine

Don't give me that crap about seeing it; I've heard this before about other things in pictures and my feelings were still the same after seeing the real thing. I absolutely hate that rear end, which then ruins the whole car. It's even uglier than the Aztec. You could not pay me to sit in that car.

Btw, I hate retro. Leave it in the past.

Glen

WOW

can u say GAA-GAA, omg, that is simply the best thing i have ever seen, i want one now, tohugh i couldnever afford one, AMAZING

who wrote that song "simply the best"?

Nope sorry Rob I hate it. The car looks like a bastardized C5. If the car was actually something we've never seen before with retro styling then mabe. Look at the Thunderbird you don't see them making a 98 Tbird Retro they took a 50's bird and made it new.

Now if they took a 50's Corvette and modernized it I think that'd be cool but don't ruin an exisiting model.

Oh and I think it was Tina Turner VZ06D

Seen it and LOVE IT!!! If Chevy didn't have their up there neither reagons that would have been the 50th with a SB 427 in it.

I saw it in Bowling Green and know the owners. I wish I'd had time to take her up on the offer to drive it! I LOVE IT!!:) :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom