Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

GM's V8 Production Down by Half - Should Next Gen Corvette Adopt a V6 to Keep Up with the Times?

Should The Next Gen Corvette Keep Up With The Times And Adopt A V6?

• Yes

Votes: 41 10.6%
  • No

Votes: 341 87.9%
  • Unsure

Votes: 6 1.5%

• Total voters
Corvette means V8

I'm with captna on this. The Chevy small block is an icon every bit as much as the Corvette itself. A V6 Corvette is no Corvette at all.

concur- I guess it all boils down what kind of Corvette one wants- something sensible, nice, and cheerful, like, say, a BMW or a Honda S2000...or an icon which stays true to it´s basic formula, like, say, a Harley-Davidson (which is much more modern than one might think).

If I wanted a BMW, I would have bought one.
keep the V8- ride free!

I don't know who at GM was spouting off, but they were nuts to do so.

The only V6 that GM has that would be acceptable is the 3.6l used in the Camaro and Caddy CTS. Problem... it's too big to fit under the hood of the C6; so who says it will fit under the C7?

It is simply too tall, too expensive to make and too heavy. It makes me wonder why GM didn't offer the Camaro with the 5.3l V8 as base?

The 6.2l V8 is lighter, more compact and nearly as power dense as the 3.6l V6, and gets nearly the same MPG. So why bother?

Oh, and these words come from Harlan Charles, as told to me in a one-on-one at Sebring last year. This isn't the rantings of some kook!! Cause I asked him the exact same question.

As for why V8 numbers are down? Repeat after me: Big SUV's are unsellable.

Come on guys, V6's are sexy. In fact, why not make the Corvette a 4-seater. That would sell well. We'll get families in them, soccer moms even. Could you imagine it, a parking lot full of 4-seater V6 Corvettes. What a thing of beauty. And for extreme value, a turbo charged (single turbo, we don't want to over do it) 4 cylinder. Let's get everyone in on the fun. Imagine a Corvette that could just barely outrun civics. Boy, I'm salivating already. And wings, stock wings. Four feet tall wings, on the back. You'll need it when your car maxxes out at 100mph, right? Keeps the girls looking, I'd say. For the ultimate Corvette, though, we need to do the unthinkable - resurrect the station wagon. You heard it here first, a Corvette you can take the whole family in - extended family included. Oh man, what fun!

Hope I didn't give anyone an aneurysm there, hope it wasn't too tough of a read.

Voted V8 - forever and ever. I'd like to see electric self driving cars next to flying cars next to Corvettes with V8's in them. And I mean that. :beer

mjdart...PM sent

[h=2][/h]
I had a 2000 WS6 Ram Air with the V8 LS1 engine, I have since had an In-Line 6 Lexus IS300 and a Cadillac CTS 3.6L V6, the LS1 got better mileage than either, why would I ever vote for way less power and worse mileage???

Come on guys, V6's are sexy. In fact, why not make the Corvette a 4-seater. That would sell well. We'll get families in them, soccer moms even. Could you imagine it, a parking lot full of 4-seater V6 Corvettes. What a thing of beauty. And for extreme value, a turbo charged (single turbo, we don't want to over do it) 4 cylinder. Let's get everyone in on the fun. Imagine a Corvette that could just barely outrun civics. Boy, I'm salivating already. And wings, stock wings. Four feet tall wings, on the back. You'll need it when your car maxxes out at 100mph, right? Keeps the girls looking, I'd say. For the ultimate Corvette, though, we need to do the unthinkable - resurrect the station wagon. You heard it here first, a Corvette you can take the whole family in - extended family included. Oh man, what fun!

Hope I didn't give anyone an aneurysm there, hope it wasn't too tough of a read.

Voted V8 - forever and ever. I'd like to see electric self driving cars next to flying cars next to Corvettes with V8's in them. And I mean that. :beer

CORVETTE FUTURE??? JUST FOR FUN POST

CarlNomadfront.jpg

103fd3cbc62.jpg

4Vettewagon1_QS_L_7-27-03.jpg

1c4limo.jpg

The red C4 limo thing. Complete with a PT cruiser with a fake blower on the hood behind it lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

I'd rather have a direct injected OHC V8 but if it has to be a six I'd make it a twin turbo boxer or inline vice a v?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom