Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Good News/Bad News

Anthony,
Well the first crises is past. And as usual it was something basic. Know how much it meant to you to finally drive that beast. Hopefully you will get to the point soon where seat time will only be spent having fun.
Enjoy Black Cherry,
John

Anthony,

I highy recommend you get a Pertronix electronic points conversion for that car. It will cost you under $100 and take a Saturday afternoon to install. No more adjusting, tweaking, tuning the points. It will give you the performance and reliability of an electronic ignition system, and retain the factory look of the engine.

You can get them from Summit Racing 1-800-230-3030 and many other places. This would be a nice addition to your car and might keep you from walking home.

...like you can afford to be late again, hey Anthony? Chris makes a good point. Check it out.

.......... Nut

Pertronix and Timing

I've read the other threads concerning Pertronix. That'll definitely be my next purchase...other than GAS!!! Will the time have to be readjusted after the points are replaced with the Pertronix? I guess a timing light wouldn't be a bad investment either.

Nut, if you're around this Saturday it'd be nice to meet up. You can show me around this beast. THe weather's looking pretty good.

--Anthony

my car had a similar problem last summer.turns out the needle and seat valve in carb was stuck.just a thought

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom