Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Got the Vette Dyno'd

WantaVette

Corvette
Torch Red LT4 Coupe
I got the car dyno'd today over at Central Florida Turbo, 2 runs for $45.

299.2 hp @5500rpm
324.5 ft/lbs @4000

These are the numbers I was hoping for, it shows the LT4 is underrated at 330hp and 340lb/ft. With 15% loss, the engine is making around 350hp and 380 lb/ft. Thats awesome. Hopefully I can get off work tonight and go to the track, a bunch of my buddies are going.
(For anyone who hasn't dyno'd their car, do it, its a lot of fun to see your car up there and the guys at CFT were all real nice.)

Btw, this was on a mustang dyno, the guy said that a dynojet typically shows higher numbers, is this true?. I'd post the graph but I dont have a scanner.

Cool..:beer

Man, I need to do that w/ mine.

That seems to be right in the middle for RWHP for LT4's. The LT4 was definitely underrated by GM but they didn't want to make the LS1 look bad when they introduced the C5.

When I dyno'ed the Tuna Sport I was nervous as could be, but it sure way fun to watch and hear it scream up to 6000 in 4th without a hitch. Then getting a look at the dyno numbers - that was cool. If nothing else, you have a piece of paper for bragging rights and something to compare to when you start modifying the car.

I just got mine Dyno'd Saturday on a Dynojet. Mine came in at 297.8 hp and 302.7 torque. The only mod that I did was to install a K&N with an open lid air filter bracket. Do these numbers sound correct for an LT4?

I am thinking of upgrading the exhaust system from the headers back....any advice? I hear good things about Magnaflows.....

cclark905 said:
I just got mine Dyno'd Saturday on a Dynojet. Mine came in at 297.8 hp and 302.7 torque. The only mod that I did was to install a K&N with an open lid air filter bracket. Do these numbers sound correct for an LT4?

I am thinking of upgrading the exhaust system from the headers back....any advice? I hear good things about Magnaflows.....

From what I've seen and read, a stock LT4 ought to dyno in the 295 to 305 area. Your numbers are right in there.

As for exhaust, I'm a CORSA guy. I gained 22 horse power by adding the CORSA cat back to my LT4+. The CORSA pipes are not as loud as many and they do not resonate inside - I can listen to the radio and my wife while driving still.

WantaVette said:
I got the car dyno'd today over at Central Florida Turbo, 2 runs for $45.

299.2 hp @5500rpm
324.5 ft/lbs @4000
QUOTE]

Mine dynoed 299 also......really a bummer that we couldn't have one more to hit the magic 300..

BTW, I bet if you look closer I bet your peak hp was actually at 5800 rpm......

Love my LT4......they are fantastic..

Love to hear the good news

I'm so jealous being that l only have the LT1 and l'm forced to move up to a C5 instead of a LT4.

With my luck l would wind up with a LT4 with 320hp and that's not to the rear wheels.

Alan

p.s. The Lt1 is 300hp period give or take 5hp. Soooooooo sad!

kingman said:
I'm so jealous being that l only have the LT1 and l'm forced to move up to a C5 instead of a LT4.

With my luck l would wind up with a LT4 with 320hp and that's not to the rear wheels.

Alan

p.s. The Lt1 is 300hp period give or take 5hp. Soooooooo sad!

I would start modding.:D Next thing you know, you'll be at LT4+ :D

Are all chassis dynamometers and the test procedure pretty much the same?

Thanks, JCS44
LT4 Vert

Going in tomorrow for long-tube headers and a dyno tune, plus plugs and wires.Gonna get 3 dyno pulls...a baseline, one after the header install, and a final one after a LT-1 edit and dyno tuning...can't wait to see the graph.Already have cut-lid K&N and a Corsa cat-back exhaust...should be about Z-06 range.

Greg@NASA said:
Going in tomorrow for long-tube headers and a dyno tune, plus plugs and wires.Gonna get 3 dyno pulls...a baseline, one after the header install, and a final one after a LT-1 edit and dyno tuning...can't wait to see the graph.Already have cut-lid K&N and a Corsa cat-back exhaust...should be about Z-06 range.

Please post your results. This will be solid proof of what mods actually do!

You can count on it Edmond!!!! I am like a kid at Christmas....The mod guys (G Force Motorsports in Pearland,Tx.) promise 50 RWHP gain.They have been great so far, and I've heard nothing but good stories about their work, so any 'Vette owners in the Houston area......watch for the results.

Greg@NASA said:
You can count on it Edmond!!!! I am like a kid at Christmas....The mod guys (G Force Motorsports in Pearland,Tx.) promise 50 RWHP gain.They have been great so far, and I've heard nothing but good stories about their work, so any 'Vette owners in the Houston area......watch for the results.

Greg, how did it go?:D

Sorry Edmond, LT-4 is in shop,I'm in Florida...will let ya know soon as I get back..

I am waiting for your final results also. I bought my LT4 with all the normal stuff done like K&N and Power Effects exhaust, plus it has an AFPR, headers and a 52MM TB. It might have had some tuning done, I cant tell other than it runs strong as hell.

We're eager to hear your results!:L

I want an LT4 and when I get it, it's not going to stay stock for very long.:D

WantaVette said:
Btw, this was on a mustang dyno, the guy said that a dynojet typically shows higher numbers, is this true?

I have typically read that the Mustang actually dynos a little bit higher than the dynojet. When I looked for references on this I found at least one source stating just the opposite (i.e., is consistent with WantaVette's post).

http://www.mustangdyne.com/Articles/CHP0603-article-01.htm

Here is a thread from another forum w/similar findings:
http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-192334.html

Anyway, FWIW. I guess that I learned something new today.

Well, I'll tell ya....just got my LT-4 back today.TPIS long-tube headers,free-flow cats,mated to my existing Corsa system.Stainless from exhaust port to tips....Baseline dyno run.......298 h.p. After installation......311 h.p/319 ft/lb at rear wheel.
The torque curve is incredibly flat till 5,000 rpm.The horsepower curve ramps up real nice.I am kinda disappointed in the #'s., but not in the driving.What a blast.Sounds great to boot.

I had to pass by an LT-4 "Hot Cam" in the display case on the way out.Head porting and cam are next, after #1 son's tuition is paid next semester.

Greg

Baseline was a strong 350 at the flywheel, which is typical LT4.

So with the TPIS headers and free flow cats got you 15 at the flywheel. I think that's pretty much what they advertise. The LT cars have strong exhaust systems as it is, much more free flowing than L98 motors.

Hasn't your son ever heard of student loans?:L:L:L

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom