Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Got the Vette Dyno'd

Edmond said:
Baseline was a strong 350 at the flywheel, which is typical LT4.

So with the TPIS headers and free flow cats got you 15 at the flywheel. I think that's pretty much what they advertise. The LT cars have strong exhaust systems as it is, much more free flowing than L98 motors.

Hasn't your son ever heard of student loans?:L:L:L

LMAO, he's got a 80% scholarship, but he couldn't pick a public school,so Dad gets the balance.

Seriously Edmond, the LT-4's numbers aren't affected much by the headers, but I can sure feel the difference.Next up, hot cam,ported .202/.167 heads an a bigger TB...................

Greg

Greg

The guys @G-Force suggest that the LT-4's should be corrected to 18% power loss.....owing to the manual tranny, and the half-shafts....they really leech horsepower.Just a thought

very nice. 311rwhp is not bad for just exhaust. should be 360+ at flywheel. That's good power for the street. I learned from past mistakes that there is such a thing as too much power. I had 1200hp in my blown Mustang and really, anything above 500hp is useless. Congrats!

You are right about anything over 500 HP is wasted on the streets. I thought the Headers would have gotten more and did not know the LT4 stock had great flow already. My mechanic said if I just install the GM cam the vette will be getting 370 HP at the block! It is an easy drop in and for 40 HP seems like the best mod for the money?

Over 500 HP.

legendzzz said:
You are right about anything over 500 HP is wasted on the streets. I thought the Headers would have gotten more and did not know the LT4 stock had great flow already. My mechanic said if I just install the GM cam the vette will be getting 370 HP at the block! It is an easy drop in and for 40 HP seems like the best mod for the money?
Maybe over 500 hp is a waste in a mustang....But in a vette....please reference lingenfelter 427(9 second quarter mile)In my opinion,there is no such thing as too much horsepower,just not enough traction!;) :beer

354RwHpLT4CE said:
Maybe over 500 hp is a waste in a mustang....But in a vette....please reference lingenfelter 427(9 second quarter mile)In my opinion,there is no such thing as too much horsepower,just not enough traction!;) :beer
That vette is on Long Island (yellow w/427 twin turbo) see it at OBI on Sunday mornings about $250K put into it(Yeah thats right read the Corvette Quarterly a whole story on it) Vette can just about get traction!!LOL!! But can he use(HP) it really NAW! In NY on Long Island you are lucky to go 500 feet before hitting a construction area,traffic jam,stop sign, red light well you get the idea!

legendzzz said:
That vette is on Long Island (yellow w/427 twin turbo) see it at OBI on Sunday mornings about $250K put into it(Yeah thats right read the Corvette Quarterly a whole story on it) Vette can just about get traction!!LOL!! But can he use(HP) it really NAW! In NY on Long Island you are lucky to go 500 feet before hitting a construction area,traffic jam,stop sign, red light well you get the idea!
Just think if that vette was in Nevada!Man,that would be fun!Wide open desert roads!:lou

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom