Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Government Seized 1980 Vette Up For Auction

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
1980 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe
Bidding Starts at $4585

Preview Today!
http://www.bid4assets.com/corvette

Bid Online December 14-20, 2001

Inspection Date: December 13, 2001 in Tobyhanna, PA from 12 to 1 PM.
To schedule an appointment email inspection@bid4assets.com or
call Bid4Assets Toll Free 1-877-427-7387

I almost bought a forfeiture Vette at the Reagan Nat'l Airport Seizure lot a couple years ago. It was so bad once I got there that I must have blocked the memory until I saw this post.

Hmmm, so Chris, how much would you charge me to paint that thing a single :L color.

- Eric

Someone alert DSOSBORNE!

This could be the car you are looking for dude! How far is Lansdale from Tobyhanna? Put it in gear and check it out! If you don't buy it, tell those guys to get it out of the snow!!! --Bullitt

71Shark said:
Hmmm, so Chris, how much would you charge me to paint that thing a single :L color.

- Eric

:L :L

I painted my old 85 GMC Jimmy that same kind of flip flop pearl with a violet tint over white. Man it was cool looking in the sunshine.

I have had my fill of Corvette painting for some time to come. Uh Oh, better get Macco!

• Admin
Oh man....don't tell me you had an 85 GMC Jimmy too!?!?!? I HATED that weak 2.8L engine!!!!!!!!!!!! But I'll tell ya....that truck was the most stable vehicle I have ever driven in the winter.....it couldn't accelerate to get out of it's own way, but put that sucker into 4 wheel drive, and it would literally plow through anything!!! As much as I hated having that truck as my everyday commuter, it really shined in the winter and I still miss it when I have to drive in a snowstorm. :)

Rob said:
Oh man....don't tell me you had an 85 GMC Jimmy too!?!?!? I HATED that weak 2.8L engine!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep. What a boat anchor for an engine. I got the truck because back in college I fixed cars for extra money. It belonged to a local OBGYN and he wanted it for his daughter. She blew the engine. So I had him buy a new GM crate 2.8 and installed for him. When she got it back, she just was not happy so he bought her a new car, then sold me the 4x4 Jimmy for less than he just paid me to put the new engine in!!!!!!

Anyway, I went to Edelbrock and bought their cool little four barrel intake manifold and a 400 CFM Holley and their 2.8 custom grind camshaft. A pair of headers, electric fans, free flow air cleaner, yadda yadda yadda, it still had no power. It was fun to listen to that little baby four barrel kick open at wide open throttle. Oh ya, I had to do that alot just to stay ahead of traffic. I still enjoyed the heck out of it.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom