Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Grand Sport Grand Sport Dry Sump oil temp question.......

For discussions related to a Grand Sport Corvette.

Huskerman

Corvette
2010 Grand Sport Coupe Z16 Blade Silver
I have several times earlier this fall been scanning through the DIC and noticed that the oil temp in my 2010 GS were always around 147 to 150. This was after I would think things had warmed up. I know it has an oil cooler and 10.5 qts but what temps should the oil run to work the best. I'm thinking around 180 to 200. I will have to pay more attention to this come spring to make sure the oil eventually gets up to temp and how long it takes. I use Mobil 1 5-30. Any thoughts on oil temps and is the cooler doing me wrong?

That does seem a bit low Marcus. :w

oil temp

I'd be a bit concerned if you weren't running synthetic oil, but you are. Syn's viscosity is more stable through wider temp ranges. The one concern is that you do need a certain temp to properly burn off accumulated moisture that might be in the oil. I'd be happier at 180 degrees. If your posting had been done in warmer weather here, I could have checked what my oil temp runs, but car is covered and stored for the winter. Maybe someone with a dry-sump Vette in a warmer climate can check their oil temp and post here.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom