Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

GS spotted near Camarillo CA

Jack

Corvette
71 War Bonnet Yellow VERT 71 BH Blue CPE (SOLD)
Just returned from Camarillo CA area. A few days ago, while getting onto the 101 South, there was a blue w/white stripes (GS I assume) getting on ramp about 10 cars ahead. I wanted to get up to take a look. All for naught .... I was driving a 4 banger rental ... man that GS got gone in a hurry ... like a bullet ... just disappeared in heavy traffic. Some lucky GS'er has one FAST ride!

The only thing my Alero could catch was a fellow w/ pearl white '74 cpe that was sidelined at an ARCO w/ water pump leak. Between he, his cell, his wife (in 2'nd car) and his on-board tools... he had it well in hand ...'bout all I could add was to inform of need to seal wp bolt threads too. BTW, it seems that maybe in So Cal it is unusual for stranger to stop & offer help? We were all stunned that two local chain parts stores did NOT stock wp gaskets for a small block! What I learned was that some folks register cars in NV to avert the CA smog Nazis.

While driving up to Santa Barbara CA, saw a nice black '63 split window fuelie cpe on the 101N (near Montecito) ... I did get a good look as driver was proceeding at "careful pace."
JACK:gap

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom