Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Hagerty Insurance Co. Turning Into Money Grubbers

You mean the one that defended the .."Two Youts"..??:D

Yep, that hym, mr. cadillac man.

I always wondered if he marred that little gilrfrind of his, yo'ul certainly remember hoow much she new about cars.

I certainly would have married her, she would have been a great help in the garage during the day, then I cou'da got laid at night. :boogie

Stepinwolf

Yep, that hym, mr. cadillac man.

I always wondered if he marred that little gilrfrind of his, yo'ul certainly remember hoow much she new about cars.

I certainly would have married her, she would have been a great help in the garage during the day, then I cou'da got laid at night. :boogie

Stepinwolf

She's Hot.....

Mark glad you got that settled. I am still with Condon Skelly on my colector cars.

The 66 and the 62 are both insured for about the same Agreed values and the 62's premium is about double the 66's because the 62 is considered a modified car.

I am assuming they figure an original car wont be as big as a liability as a modified/hotrod car.

Or maybee the figure a stock original car will be less costly to repair (incase of custom parts on the hot rod)

I am not sure but I sure am happy you got the price on your premium you wanted.

I was down in A?C a couplle of weeks ago on buisness and meant to call you guys to see if we could meet up, Got on a table and about 18hrs latter realised I lost almost an entire day, I spent the rest of my time there trying to catch up with work

Mark glad you got that settled. I am still with Condon Skelly on my colector cars.

The 66 and the 62 are both insured for about the same Agreed values and the 62's premium is about double the 66's because the 62 is considered a modified car.

I am assuming they figure an original car wont be as big as a liability as a modified/hotrod car.

Or maybee the figure a stock original car will be less costly to repair (incase of custom parts on the hot rod)

I am not sure but I sure am happy you got the price on your premium you wanted.

I was down in A?C a couplle of weeks ago on buisness and meant to call you guys to see if we could meet up, Got on a table and about 18hrs latter realised I lost almost an entire day, I spent the rest of my time there trying to catch up with work

You should have called... Could have Comp-ed us a nice Big Fat Juicy Steak..At the Award winning "Oaks" Resturant. Not to mention a few drink-y poo's. Could have even toured "Kid_Again'" OC Mansion..:D

So you were on a Table for 18 Hours..??? . BJ ..?? Or Craps..:D

You should have called... Could have Comp-ed us a nice Big Fat Juicy Steak..At the Award winning "Oaks" Resturant. Not to mention a few drink-y poo's. Could have even toured "Kid_Again'" OC Mansion..:D

So you were on a Table for 18 Hours..??? . BJ ..?? Or Craps..:D

Yep I was on a Craps table at the borgota

Completely lost track of time. Been getting lots of offers to come back down to see them again, But as I get older i get a little smarter and know not to get inticed by the limos and rooms and free meals,but to win some money and leave

I had a great time, but not all sessions go like that.

2 days prior to going I just finished reading a book by Avery Cardoza on a system of play and I follwed it to the "T" Especially with money management and walked away in real good shape. On the 2.5 hour ride down me and one of my co-workers read the book aloud and he also did real well but left the tables once he figure he had made enough money.

One of my favorite saying when leaving for a trip is

Pigs get fat

Hogs get slaughtered ,

I was a lucky hog who by-passed the slaughter house this time.

Correct, Chuck. I have absolutely no mileage or usage restrictions on my policy, other than I must have proof of a registered and insured daily driver in the household.

It does include Agreed Value for a substantial sum. Like Larry (IH2LOSE) has pointed out many times on this forum, we sure want agreed value with these old classics. ;)

I've driven over 13,000 miles (four times to the U.S.A.) in mine in the last two years.

:beer

You might want to shop around some more. I had the same issue as Mark, Hagerty wanted a huge adder on my 59 for being a "modified" car. I called Grundy, and they did not have the big add-on. I insured my 59 for $80K for about $500 a year. It would have been over $1300 a year with Hagerty. I guess they just did not want my business that much.

Regards, John McGraw

Six6, If you get into an accident and the adjuster spots your mods., you have no insurance. Way back when, Erie would send you a post card every six months and you had to state what Cubic Inch/ HP your car had , it's just an out for the Ins. co.s, it's better to be up front when it comes to ins............just my 2 cents....

You might want to shop around some more. I had the same issue as Mark, Hagerty wanted a huge adder on my 59 for being a "modified" car. I called Grundy, and they did not have the big add-on. I insured my 59 for $80K for about $500 a year. It would have been over $1300 a year with Hagerty. I guess they just did not want my business that much.

Regards, John McGraw

I ended up with Grundy. They asked how much on the "Agreed" and "Liability" and that was it. We coverded the rest of the standard stuff and I filled out the application ...and it did ask if it was the original motor...That's it..I said "no" and wrote in the space provided.. New GMPP motor and 5 speed transmission. They did not ask how big the motor was.

Received my policy today....No hassel like with Hagerty.:D

I like happy endings! Just proves it certainly "pays" to shop around!

SAVE THE :w

Hi

I am with Hagerty and one of their inspection guys appraised my 66 BB at 125 and they charge me 850 for that. I then saw where some guys were saying that there prices were going up for high HP and 5 speeds. So because I am doing both to mine I called them to make sure that everything was cool and they said no problem.

Doug

Hi

I am with Hagerty and one of their inspection guys appraised my 66 BB at 125 and they charge me 850 for that. I then saw where some guys were saying that there prices were going up for high HP and 5 speeds. So because I am doing both to mine I called them to make sure that everything was cool and they said no problem.

Doug

Hi Doug, and welcome to the forum. I guess $850.00 would be about right for a car with an Agreed Value of $125K. I assume that the motor is the stock BB for it's year. I'm not an insurance expert here so I can't tell you if you are over paying or not.

But I would suggest a phone call to Grundy to check ..

What I was speaking about along with a few others here is that Hagerty wanted to charge me extra because I have installed a 502 BB. That's BS...since they insure street rods with BB's that might have 502's 572's etc and don't charge a priemium for that class of car, why should I pay extra.

Hagerty's front office is also not what I call user friendly. Each return phone call lands you with some one else to diddle thru your case file. And at the same time generates more and more paperwork and back and forth faxes.

I had ended up faxing them 4 different times with 9 pages each..!! Then on the 5th or 6th call I was told that I had checked boxes that I shouldn't have checked.... after the person before told me to check them before return faxing...!!!

That's when I threw a rod... and told them to go pound sand..and hung up..!!
I was feaken Mad..!!!:mad:mad:mad

Hagerty Insurance... No thanks... I'd rather pull out my finger nails..;squint:

I don't know about Grundy or the others but Hagerty also is represented by independent insurance agencys. When I first started looking at collector car insurance I read on Grundys site that they were not taking Corvettes at that time. That was a couple of years ago. It may have just been a year cut-off and the '81 was too new. I don't remember. Then I went to the Hagerty site and found a listing for agencies around the country. I was amazed to see that here in little town northwest Ohio a local independent insurance agency was a Hagerty representative. The lady that is in the office is a neighbor of mine and the whole porocess was totally painless. I filled out the apps and even asked it they wanted details on my '69 stepside which is classed as modified. They said I had enough info. I printed a few photos of each vehicle and dropped the stuff off at the agency on my way to work one day. They took care of the rest for me. I think it is worthwhile to see if the company you are looking at has a representative agency close by. It's a lot easier to stop off at their office and let them do the back and forth with the company. They also know what needs to be filled out and where. The cost was the same as dealing direct.

I got all 3 vehicles insured for less than I was paying the good hands guys for the '81 alone and it was on as just a part time pleasure vehicle with 4 other driver cars. I'm happy so far.

Tom

Hi Nam Vet

Thanks for the welcome

It was your original post that caused me to check with Hagerty because I am putting in a 496 with a TKO and although they said no problem I am starting to feel that it would be wise to get that confirmed in writing with a signature.

Lately I have been getting stung very badly by people whom do not say what they mean nor mean what they say. and maybe it is time I learned a lesson.

Thanks again for the welcome and the good advice.

Doug

Hi Nam Vet

Thanks for the welcome

It was your original post that caused me to check with Hagerty because I am putting in a 496 with a TKO and although they said no problem I am starting to feel that it would be wise to get that confirmed in writing with a signature.

Lately I have been getting stung very badly by people whom do not say what they mean nor mean what they say. and maybe it is time I learned a lesson.

Thanks again for the welcome and the good advice.

Doug

Heh Doug,
See ..now that scares me.. Who said no Problem..??? Some guy on the phone from Hagerty which to me doesn't mean squat if it ain't in writing. I would call some one else at Hagerty untill you find out for sure that changing out the motor size won't affect you in case of an accident. When I had the go around with them ,they weren't going to take me on. Then after the second call,they said they would check and finally did except me untill they started the back and forth crap with the faxs and I backed away.

Don't be shy about asking questions when it comes to your money and Corvette. It you get a funny feeling ..just walk away and get another company. You should feel good about your Insurance Provider .

:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom