Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Harmonic Balancer

semperfih2o

Corvette
2000 Blk Cpe/Corsa indy,K&N
[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hi all, I may be flogging a dead horse here; forgive me if I've missed the boat.[/FONT]:BDH
[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]When watching my engine at idle the harmonic balancer wobbles like hell. I have a friend whos balancer failed and cost him a lot of money. When I was at my Friendly dealer with an unrelated issue I asked their service rep to take a look. His statement was " they all wobble like that , it's rubber mounted".I have had a lot of cars and Never had one wobble like this one does. The car is in extended warranty and I don't want a catastrophic
failure later. Am I just being paranoid?
Thanks in advance for your input.:BDH
[/FONT]

Mine has a small wooble to it, has been looked at by my Chevy dealer, I have contacted GM about it, and they consider it normal. I have been told by quite a few qualified GM tech's that a new one can (and most likely will) do the same thing. The manufacturer I work for would install a new crankshaft (in fact I have) if the pulley still wobbled after repacement. This is GM, and they consider a small wobble normal.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom