Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Have you had your Driver seat bolsters replaced?

B

Black Ice

I went to a trim shop today to get an estamate to replace the wrinkled, sort of worn leather on my driver seat bolsters on the left side (top and seat bottom bolster) and one panel in the seat bottom. he wants $400.00!! Is this to much?? I have a 96 with standard seats.

Have you checked the catalogs? I can not remember the $$, but they all have seat covers, foam and all the stuff needed to rebuild the seat.

Seat Leathers

I recovered my seats in my 95 coupe with leathers from al knoch interiors. Was not too bad of a task. Took 1 evening per seat and made me happy! Just like new seats! It just takes patience!

Oh Yea I saw him at the Bloomington show a couple weeks ago. He was doing cars right on site. I wish I would have paid him a visit.

The price may be a shade high, but not much. Even if the work did not cause collateral damage, the problem would be that after that was fixed, the rest of the seat cover(s) would still be old and subject to problems. Not too mention you might not be happy with the stitching, match or fit. It may be worth considering new covers for the seats.

I thought it over and because of the possibility of a mis match, and there is, that Torch red really fades, Im only having the lower seatback and seat bottom bolsters replaced now. The shop said they would "age" the color of the new leather to match. I am also having the seat padding beefed up and is included in the price.

Good luck, and let us know how it turns out. I had the driver's side bolsters fixed on some cloth sport seats for which no new cloth covers were available earlier this year, and it turned out pretty well. It was around $275. I took the seat out and left it at the shop to guard against collateral damage.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom